Can I convert Yamaha manual trim to electric?

Kylergu10

Recruit
Hey guys, I have recently picked up a project boat to work on and have had some trouble finding some articles about converting my Yamaha Outboard 55hp from manual trim and tilt to an electrical trim and tilt. I have a Yamaha C55ELRR, and was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation here.

Could I use a hydraulic with an actuator to fit where my current hydraulic is? Or would it be best to drop the $$$ for one of the CMC tilt n trim packages?

Thanks in advance for any advice 😁

Baylinerchuck

Commander
You can always figure out which series Yamaha motors fit the transom bracket for your motor. Then find a motor with a bad power head but good trim tilt assy. and convert it. You would also need the controls. You would probably get more answers from the Yamaha outboard section of the forum.

Kylergu10

Recruit
You can always figure out which series Yamaha motors fit the transom bracket for your motor. Then find a motor with a bad power head but good trim tilt assy. and convert it. You would also need the controls. You would probably get more answers from the Yamaha outboard section of the forum.
Much appreciated