Can anyone tell me if any parts on these motors interchange?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 1981 60 hp 2cyl

Looking at a parts motor (may run?) to buy thats a 1974 70hp.

I looked at evinrude dot com. The starters have different part numbers which i was sure the 2 and 3 cyl starters were diff from looking in a catalouge. But the lower units have different numbers as well, i thought these would have been the same part # but there not? Assuming there both are short shaft will they swap?

Also my motor does not have power TnT this one supposedly does allthough i dont see it listed on the site. Assuming his year # is right will the power TnT sawp to my 60 hp? Will i have to put my motor on that bracket or will the TnT unit bolt onto my motor?

Anybody know if these parts will swap?

Yea i know the props will swap, i got plenty of those though.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Can anyone tell me if any parts on these motors interchange?

If anybody can give me any idea about the TNT id be greatful. The other parts have a diff # on the website so im assuming there different, was just curious if the Lower would fit mine but the TNT is the big thing.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Nothing will interchange, and parts for the TnT are scarce as its NLA.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok all i consider is the TnT if it works dosent leak and i can get 2+ years out of it is it worth it.. at the right price.

My question is how would this Tnt install on my 81 60 hp. Is it a simple pull the unit and bolt it on to my motor, or will i need to mount my engine onto the transome bracket of this other motor?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anybody Know the answer to my last question on the TnT?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

it will not work read fatzbullet's post again
I read the part about the parts i am forgetting that idea. But does this mean the TnT wont interchange? If it will and i can get it for like $100 it seems worth it to me. So is the TnT the same if not thats fine. But from that post it seemed like the TnT would fit. Will the TnT interchange just say no if so. Thanks