Can anyone guess the year of this Evinrude?

betadog808

Cadet
Hey guys,
I'm working on this Evinrude 6hp kicker and I'm trying to figure out what year it is so I can get parts for it. I can't seem to find anything that might tell me that info. I'm *guessing* a 91 or 92, but it's just guessing as the cowling looks similar. I'd hate to buy stuff that might not fit it. I've attached some pics...I'm hoping someone might be able to tell? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
That style of tiller was introduced in 1991. Look on the powerhead for a small silver disc about the size of a quarter, there could be some information on it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Has the external power pack that came out in 1993.

betadog808

Cadet
Thanks guys, that info helps, gets me in the ballpark at least. Hardwater, I looked for that plug, didn't see it. Unless I have to remove the carbs or something to get at it. What I found was strange was I could not line up the exhaust cover part number(336857) to any evinrude or johnson year, weird.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
That is a casting and I think is often a raw number used internally....i.e. prior to final machining etc.
Use that plastic housing number 336181.

betadog808

Cadet
That is a casting and I think is often a raw number used internally....i.e. prior to final machining etc.
Use that plastic housing number 336181.
Unfortunately, 336181 is pretty common throughout a number of years...:(