Called in the professional

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer
Folks,<br /><br />Some of you know I have been posting and working on a rebuild for some time. I purchased a new engine (Suzuki 140, 2006) and after much reading, literature and here on this forum, I finally had convinced myself that I am not qualified to install the motor and rig it properly.<br /><br />So this weekend an authorized Suzuki mechanic will be in my backyard rigging the boat with me as the helper. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it myself, and really didn't want to screw up the installation after all that work. I will post as soon as there is more progress.<br /><br />Thanks to all, this one is a little beyond my reach.<br /><br />Peace.<br /><br />Ed.

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Called in the professional

When in doubt...sub it out.<br /><br />If your not comfortable with something like that, it's worth the cash to let a pro help out. You will probably sleep better at night knowing it was done right IMHO.

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Ed.<br /><br />I posted a question about Interlux Perfection yesterday. What do you think of it so far? Seem like pretty strong stuff? What did you use for slip protection?.................Oh, and sorry about the hijack.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

Kevin,<br /><br />No problem, will respond on your thread.<br /><br />Peace.<br /><br />Ed.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good smart choice!

woody20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Only one thing you need to know Ed. The engine goes on the outside of the boat.

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is always that small print in the warrenty. You'll be much better off if you have any problems down the road. <br /><br />Wadda mean the muffler bearing is upside down, I put the kinuter valve in correctly didn't I :D !

Realgun

Commander

Only one thing you need to know Ed. The engine goes on the outside of the boat.<br />
On the back with the prop lower than the bottom of the boat. :) <br /><br />Personally I can rig the motor BUT- getting it on is the hard part. <br /><br />Everyone wants a ride but when it time to fix it they disappear!