Broken Trailer

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Alpheus..I thought of you when I saw this.

I was going to put this in the trailer section, but then I thought more people might see it here. Just a reminder as we all get our boats out for the upcoming season..Make sure your trailer is good to go. We were on the lake yesterday and saw this at the top of the ramp, could have been a major disaster on the road.

He was just about to back his boat down the ramp and SNAP!:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like it snapped right at the Break-Away spot. The boat ended up messed up on the bunks..and they called a big tow truck to put the boat/trailer on.

Dayatthelake3-18-10038.jpg

Dayatthelake3-18-10037.jpg

Re: Broken Trailer

Holy cow... ya that could have been way worse. Hopefully his boat didnt get damaged too bad.

Sockherman

Recruit

It's clear what happened. The boat saw the Ford emblem on the back of the truck and did everything it could to pull away from it. I don't blame the boat..

Bill

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It's clear what happened. The boat saw the Ford emblem on the back of the truck and did everything it could to pull away from it. I don't blame the boat..

Bill

Yep...trying to hitch a ride on my GMC Yukon as I drove by:p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's clear what happened. The boat saw the Ford emblem on the back of the truck and did everything it could to pull away from it.

Nah, we don't need to trash Ford......just those rims!! :eek::rolleyes:

Angrywasp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nah, we don't need to trash Ford......just those rims!! :eek::rolleyes:

Agreed. Never had a problem with my F250 (or any other truck I've owned be it Chevy or Dodge) since I make preventative maintenance into a new kind of religion.
Feel for the owner of the trailer though. What a way to ruin a day on the water but at least it wasn't on the road or the ramp when it happened.