Breaking news!

KaGee

Admiral
Judge dismisses Valerie Plame's lawsuit accusing members of the Bush administration of leaking her identity... Developing..(Drudge Report)

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Breaking news!

That mess ^^^^ from a mod? Shameful :eek: :D

Edit: there was a particularly ugly C & P up there posted by our very own Spinner :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ohhhhhh, I see how it works, if it is embarassing simply delete it . . .

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wow!! Great news, Kagee! Wont hear about it on the Treedancer networks. Another reason I love iboats and the forum.
More good news --

They voted-down that back-door gun control bill to ban bullet sales via "explosive safety"!

I love this Country!! Especially when the people MAKE it werk!!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Don't get too excited, Footer. No such thing happened that I can find anywhere on the net including Drudge. Not that I wouldn't expect DISinformation coming from such a source. Closest I can find is that Bush and Cronies are trying to dodge the bullet and get the case dismissed by crying "Classified Information". But didn't Junior DEclassify that? Gee, Bushies can't get their story straight and want it both ways. First they leak classified information, then claim that it was declassified, now it's classified again. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

KaGee, methinks you need to edit your title from Breaking News to False Alarm.

treedancer

Commander

Quote 12foter

Wont hear about it on the Treedancer networks.

Damn man better start the 6 day weekend tonight.:D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Don't get too excited, Footer. No such thing happened that I can find anywhere on the net including Drudge. Not that I wouldn't expect DISinformation coming from such a source. Closest I can find is that Bush and Cronies are trying to dodge the bullet and get the case dismissed by claiming classified information. But didn't Junior Declassify that? Gee, Bushies can't get their story straight. Wutta suprise. :rolleyes:

KaGee, methinks you need to edit your title from Breaking News to False Alarm.

TECHNICALLY, you're correct. My bad, a poor choice of wording. An example of what was wrong with the bill in the first place... IN REAL TIME:)

It actually never got the CAHNCE to be "voted-down". When attention was called to the wording, it got "PULLED". so
They PULLED that back-door gun control bill to ban bullet sales via "explosive safety"!

That better bro? BTW, Here is a link to the article you wont read in the NYTimes, Tree LOL.

After all -- News of VICTORY should be broadcast from the mountain tops. But not until I get it right.
I have no doubt the anti-gun mob will try this again, but we are too vigilant right now.
And seeinz how the media you listen to probably didn't even report it to you, here is the Original news story which additionally will not be found in ANY of your liberal news sources, Tree.

"No liberal-bias in the media" -- my eye!!

KaGee

Admiral

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Jul 19, 10:03 PM (ET)

By MATT APUZZO[/FONT]

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former CIA operative Valerie Plame lost a lawsuit Thursday that demanded money from Bush administration officials whom she blamed for leaking her agency identity.
Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, had accused Vice President **** Cheney and others of conspiring to disclose her identity in 2003. Plame said that violated her privacy rights and was illegal retribution for her husband's criticism of the administration.

U.S. District Judge John D. Bates dismissed the case on jurisdictional grounds and said he would not express an opinion on the constitutional arguments.
[/FONT]

treedancer

Commander

And here is the reason he dismissed the case. I added the italics.

<<Thursday July 19, 2007
. . .
The court ruled it lacked jurisdiction over Plame's case because she has not exhausted administrative remedies under the Federal Tort Claims Act, which is the "proper, and exclusive, avenue for relief on such a claim."

The act provides a waiver from the government's immunity from being sued when its employees act negligently within the context of their jobs.

Plame's lawyers expected the decision to be thrown out anticipate filing an appeal, according to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, whose executive director is representing Joseph and Valerie Wilson.

"While we are obviously very disappointed by today?s decision, we have always expected that this case would ultimately be decided by a higher court," said Melanie Sloan, CREW's executive director. "We disagree with the court's holding and intend to pursue this case vigorously to protect all Americans from vindictive government officials who abuse their power for their own political ends.>>". . .

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

My apologies KaGee. This is on the web today. I found these excerpts of particular interest...

"U.S. District Judge John D. Bates dismissed the case on jurisdictional grounds and said he would not express an opinion on the constitutional arguments."

"Though Bates said the case raised "important questions relating to the propriety of actions undertaken by our highest government officials," he said there was no legal basis for the suit."

"In this case, Bates said, Congress passed the Privacy Act to cover many of Plame's claims. Courts have held that the Privacy Act cannot be used to hold government officials personally liable for damages in court."

"Bates, a former Whitewater prosecutor, was appointed to the bench in 2001 by Bush."

It appears the Bush Cronies get off thanks to a loophole for now, but this judge clearly should've recused himself for his blatantly obvious conflict of interest. Was he being loyal to his appointer, or acting out of fear of losing his job for dubious reasons ala the US Attorney scandal? This dismissal is far from any hint of exoneration, though I'm sure the O'Reallys of the world will proclaim it as such to self-justify their perpetual state of denial. :rolleyes:

PW2

Commander

Yes, apparently leaking classified information for political reasons is part of the job description of our political leaders, and they can't be sued for doing their job.

It just gives one a warm fuzzy feeling!

I don't know why Iraq, or the rest of the world, would hesitate to adopt a system like this.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes, apparently leaking classified information for political reasons is part of the job description of our political leaders, and they can't be sued for doing their job.

I don't know why Iraq, or the rest of the world, would hesitate to adopt a system like this.

Really? So you don't like our government of the people, by the people, for the people? What a shock! :rolleyes:

In all honesty, it really is in need of a return to those terms. It has morphed into a government of the trial lawyers, by the trial lawyers, and for the trial lawyers. And we need to fix that and soon.

oddjob

Commander

quote-
Bates, a former Whitewater prosecutor, was appointed to the bench in 2001 by Bush."

It appears the Bush Cronies get off thanks to a loophole for now, but this judge clearly should've recused himself for his blatantly obvious conflict of interest. Was he being loyal to his appointer, or acting out of fear of losing his job for dubious reasons ala the US Attorney scandal? This dismissal is far from any hint of exoneration, though I'm sure the O'Reallys of the world will proclaim it as such to self-justify their perpetual state of denial.

-end quote

Ah yes WHITEWATER......they (HILL and BILL )got off...then W appoints to please his enemys with his stupid new tone!...Bates sounds like a cronie alright....sounds like the cronie is expressing the same frustration you have Willy...hes your boy...otherwise why would he criticize his ruling?

PW2

Commander

Really? So you don't like our government of the people, by the people, for the people? What a shock! :rolleyes:

In all honesty, it really is in need of a return to those terms. It has morphed into a government of the trial lawyers, by the trial lawyers, and for the trial lawyers. And we need to fix that and soon.

We are supposed to be governed by the rule of law, and not the rule of men, 12 feets.

It's an interesting concept to advocate eliminating lawyers in a system designed to be governed by the rule of law.

If we get rid of laws and lawyers, who gets to be in charge in your world? Jerry Falwell? Rush Limbaugh?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Oh really? And just what country has a better system than we do?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That mess ^^^^ from a mod? Shameful :eek: :D

Edit: there was a particularly ugly C & P up there posted by our very own Spinner :D
Naaaaaaaa QC, it just that the C&P went plum across the page where a person would have to scroll from side to side and get headaches.:eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

apparently leaking classified information for political reasons is part of the job description of our political leaders
You apparently aren't paying attention. There was nothing to leak in the first place . . . what was considered classified? Please let's stick with the facts. Makes things so much easier . . .