Bravo 1 Leaking Gear Oil Reservoir - Arrrrrg

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The gear oil reservoir leaks constantly, I've taken it apart and check the plastic bottle and it looked fine. I checked the o-ring at the bottom and even added a little non hardening gasket sealer for good measure. I removed the plastic hose clamp and replaced that with a stainless worm gear. The cap is tight every time I check it.<br /><br />I've read where the Bravo 1 can heat up and over fill the reservoir so I custom built a dual pick up drive shower out of 1/2" stainless tubing and have checked the reservoir while running high speed. It was not anywhere near the top. <br /><br />The oil comes out of this thing and makes a mess from all the jarring around in the water so I cannot tell exactly where it is coming from. :confused: <br /><br />This has been driving me crazy and makes no sense. I'm nearly ready to buy a new one but darn it, that leak has got to be fixable. :mad: <br /><br />Anyone else seen this problem and know the fix?

Elk Chaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bravo 1 Leaking Gear Oil Reservoir - Arrrrrg

No one has seen this? <br /><br />Oh Well.

tommays

Admiral

i havent seen it happen but why dont you dissconect the tank and hook up a pressure tester at the dock and see were its comeing out it could be a crack that only leaks at pressure X<br /><br />tommays

gig'em

Recruit

Same thing happened to me, I've checked everything and my only guess is that my drive oil is leaking where the wires for the sensor come out. The only fix I can come up with is purchasing the new reservoir and getting on the water!

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

my leak was from the cap. its like a vented cap sorta with a small round rubber gasket and my gasket was missing a piece. i think over tightening the cap cut the gasket against the plastic neck of the bottle. i replaced the cap for 4 bucks from the merc dealer. did not over tighten. no more leak. no more messy bilge, no loss in fluid. :)