Petty Officer 1st Class
where can i find a bow fuel tank?
the one here on i-boats is only 6 gal
i don't know how long my 105hp Chrysler will run on that
i was hoping to find a 15-20 gal one

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bow fuel tank

Go to the top of this page - click Marine Store - click fuel tanks, bunch of em'. :D

thinksun

Seaman Apprentice

I picked up a like new 12 gallon poly tank for $35.00 on e-bay. If the guy didn't describe it as used I would have thought it was new.

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

i am looking for something that is shape to fit the bow in my (below)
i want to put the tank under bow for weight distribution to off set the battery's that in be in back
maybe 12-15 gallon
am i thinking right to move it under there i thought i would make it permanent and cut a filler opening in bow top

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

am i asking to much as i can't find anything online that is made to fit under the closed bow area of a boat

redfury

Commander

any company that can build custom plastic tanks can handle this for you. A buddy of mine is rebuilding an old Winnebago Chieftan ( motor home ) and needed a new water tank for it. He had dual tanks, wanted a single. Sent dimensions to a local company and had it within a couple of weeks. Works better than the original design.

Otherwise, keep looking though Iboats, and if you still can't find anything...head over to Westmarine.com

garycinn

Chief Petty Officer

am i asking to much as i can't find anything online that is made to fit under the closed bow area of a boat

If your stringers are wide enough to take this tank, it is very ideal -- low profile, belly shaped, AND the fill / vent fittings come out at an angle for the low profile requirement. Many of the belly tanks have the fill coming straight up. If it weren't for the 29" width of this tank it would have fit perfectly in my application.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250138983043