Bought A Tahotsu

LindenLongRods

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a Tahotsu MFS15C 15 hp 2012. 4 hours on it the guy said. Very clean.Guy says it has been sitting. We did get it started, had trouble with choke closed to get it to idle. Choke wide open it idled then once warmed up it idled but then died. couldn't get it running again, flooded it. Gas was dripping from front of carb. Any ideas. Got this motor real cheap, would hate not being able to get it running. Does the carb need to be cleaned with carb cleaner? something that easy.

pvanv

Admiral
Choke open as is in no choke? Or full choke? Flooded as as in wet plugs from too much gas? Likely needs a Proper carb cleaning, and possibly a new float valve.

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
As mentioned in the other thread, if it has been sitting jump on the carburetor first, don't even bother with anything else yet. Especially if it's dripping gas. If it had non-ethanol gas left in it then it's probably just gummed up. If it had ethanol gas in it then it may be corroded. In any event, take it apart and see what you have. Put the parts in an ultrasonic cleaner if you've got one, if you don't then use carburetor cleaner and compressed air to clean every hole out. Wear goggles! Try not to soak the rubber parts with cleaner, that can make them swell up. Worst case just get new rubber parts.

LindenLongRods

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My buddy cleaned the plugs and drained the bowl, said he got it running, I'll see it tommorow. ThanksI got it for under a $1000 so I hope it runs good

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
Congrats, great deal if it runs! If it had gas in it, then even if it appears to be running OK I would clean the carburetor or have it cleaned. You may be surprised how much better it runs.