Boating video with my GoPro camera

maxum2400sc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Last edited by a moderator:

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Boating video with my GoPro camera

Great video and LOVE the music. Well done… Don't you just love those GoPro cameras?!

kfa4303

Banned

Nice vid and some sweet trailering skills getting in/out of the storage unit and ramp. What program did you use to edit the vid? I'm in the midst of making one right now using MS movie maker. It's ok, but a bit tedious.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Sweet! Looks like you almost lost the camera on that one swell you hit fairly hard. Would have like to have heard your through hull exhaust.

maxum2400sc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys. KFA, I used MS video maker for this. It is pretty basic and I wouldn't mind the option to control te music a little better, but for a free software, it isn't too shabby. Hashi, I do tune the music down a little so you can hear the exhaust, I have the exhaust route through the hull and through the drive, so it is a little muffled.

Handchops

Cadet

Great job!! How long did it take you to edit? How was the camera mounted for the boat side shots? Well done.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

impressive ... it has to be one tough camera

Jim

maxum2400sc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys. It is mounted with a suction cup mount, similar to a gpd mount. The mount is pretty robust. The camera also comes with a bunch of different mounts for different sports. I have about 2 hours in the editing

southkogs

Staff member

Thanks guys. It is mounted with a suction cup mount, similar to a gpd mount. The mount is pretty robust. The camera also comes with a bunch of different mounts for different sports. I have about 2 hours in the editing
The mounts come as part of the camera purchase?

Cool video. I'm getting interested in one of these.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

I love the view of the engine starting up.

Yankeyspeed

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice video, Now I want one of those camera's. Hmmmmm Christmas is coming.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

The mounts come as part of the camera purchase?

Cool video. I'm getting interested in one of these.

There are different option packs that you can get for different mounts. Some are packaged for mountain bikers, some for auto sports, etc... There are TONS of mounting options though. I'd be way too nervous to trust the suction cup by itself, I'd have a piece of monofilament wrapped around the base and secured in the boat!

I haven't had a chance to put my go pro on the boat yet, but I've done tons of mountain biking with it, I've also sent it up on my quadrotor drone for a couple spins around the neighborhood!

maxum2400sc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The motor sports package would probably work best for a boater. I have a float pack from a different camera that i used and a piece of string as backup lol. I was surprised at the strength of the suction cup though.

I am going moutain biking tonight with the camera, should make for a good video!!