Boating the Upper Chesapeake

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boating the Upper Chesapeake

i want to go down to the smith island area of the bay so bad.
it's just so far away

skargo

Banned

We're going to try and get out tomorrow afternoon for awhile, since Sunday is looking crappy.

Dan19720

Seaman Apprentice

Looks like we will be hitting the sand island over by HDG. I think that we will be putting in at Charlestown with a friend. He is going out crabbing real early and we are going to cook them up and take them with us if we get enough. So, If you see a white Wellcraft 180 Sportsman with a gray top, and a 1987 blue/white cuddy whatever my friend has, stop by and say hi.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Well, I - FINALLY - have a day at the boat tomorrow and plan stay onboard overnight.
Probably bring down the Jon boat to fish the back channel for awhile but definitely want to take out the mothership for a cruise. 09 and 16.
She hasn't been started in over a month.....thanks to my %#*@ job.
Maybe I'll see some of you out there.
Rob

skargo

Banned

Well, I - FINALLY - have a day at the boat tomorrow and plan stay onboard overnight.
Probably bring down the Jon boat to fish the back channel for awhile but definitely want to take out the mothership for a cruise. 09 and 16.
She hasn't been started in over a month.....thanks to my %#*@ job.
Maybe I'll see some of you out there.
Rob
We will swing by!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

thus the Paradox.
You need a job to afford the boat,
But then you have no time for the boat.

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Going to see Heart tonight at Pier 6 if the weather holds out. Anyone else going? And to those that have been there before, do you just anchor out in front of the pavilion?

skargo

Banned

thus the Paradox.
You need a job to afford the boat,
But then you have no time for the boat.

Read RICH DAD POOR DAD, I haven't had a job on almost 2 years and don't plan on ever having another.
We are at Cara cove.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Read RICH DAD POOR DAD, I haven't had a job on almost 2 years and don't plan on ever having another.
We are at Cara cove.

I haven't read that book in awhile! Thanks for the reminder, I should dig that book back out and read it again. I would love to work myself into a similar position that you are in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend on the water! Especially you Rob, I know what it is like not being able to make it down for awhile. Hope you really enjoyed the time on the boat!

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Planning on coming back down to the bay on aug 20 till the 22nd. Any of u guys going to be around?

Wingnutt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Somebody is conspiring to keep me off the water this summer!

After spending the last three weeks working on the overheating problem, putting a new fuel pump on and bending up new hard lines, changing out the tilt & trim pump and cylinders, I hooked up the boat and took her to the gas station yesterday to top her off in hopes of spending the day on the water today.

Looked at the weather last night and...not good. NOAA had us in an area for 70% chance of t-storms...well crap. Since the weather was supposed to be crappy today, the admiral decides to visit her aunt. Call is made and she's good to go.

So what do we wake up to this morning? Yup sunshine streaming thru the windows and a new forecast only calling for a 40% chance of showers. :mad: Since the admiral's aunt would be very put out if she canceled her visit, the admiral heads off to NJ for a "quick" visit. She said that she would be back around 2 PM so we could launch at high tide. A very short ramp and shallow water at the neighborhood ramp dictate a high tide launch and recovery.

Well 2 o'clock rolls around and no wife. She calls at 2:30 saying that auntie has taken her on a shopping trip and she didn't drive. She's not a happy camper either 'cause she's spent a lot of time in the more confined areas of the boat where I would have a hard time fitting helping run wires and cables; so she wants to go out as bad as me.

Sorry hon, but your nic-name is still "bilge rat" until we test everything out with positive results. :D

She finally manages to break away from auntie at 8 and beats feet home only to discover that low tide is at 8:30! Now she's REALLY not a happy camper because we have to wait until next weekend to try for our 3rd shake down cruise! Needless to say I'm not exactly happy either, but I did manage to give the 'ol girl a good scrubbing and bath today, so she's nice and shinny again. (the boat, not the wife :D)

Oh well, we'll try it again next weekend. :rolleyes:

skargo

Banned

I haven't read that book in awhile! Thanks for the reminder, I should dig that book back out and read it again. I would love to work myself into a similar position that you are in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend on the water! Especially you Rob, I know what it is like not being able to make it down for awhile. Hope you really enjoyed the time on the boat!
Read his next book, "Cashflow Quadrant" after you revisit RDPD. I love those books!

Planning on coming back down to the bay on aug 20 till the 22nd. Any of u guys going to be around?
Yes sir, I would love to finally meet up with you. Maybe we can plan an Upper Chesapeake/Iboats raft up for that weekend??
Somebody is conspiring to keep me off the water this summer!
Dude, we hope to see you out soon too!
I was doubtful about today, and it ended up being great out. We only spent maybe 3 hours out because of other plans.

Here is Ashley and Andrew(CaravelleCaptain), we spent about 10 minutes with them. We've rafted up with them a few times and they are great people!

33509_10150241845645652_554955651_13748086_232732_n.jpg

Right after we launched, that's Port Deposit.
38912_10150241748355652_554955651_13743007_1961339_n.jpg

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Last night at Pier 6 for HEART, had a great time!

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

:eek:)

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

Women always look better on a boat in a bikini, Don't they!

You could be 50 and look hot out on a boat. But they you are only seeing them from about 200 yards away.

skargo

Banned

Wait till you are sneaking up on 50, then you will see there ARE hot 50 year olds! :D

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

We may be down at the same time.....;o)

Well we finally made it to LLoyds Creek on Saturday. Now that is the place to go too. It's the first time that I have ever been there but not my last timeI didn't know that there are two ways in there. The water was pretty clear and the bottom was a hard sandy base.I came in in an opening in the hedge row.then made a slow left were everyone was tied up at. The water was about four to five ft. deep .Lots of room. I know that we will be back this coming weekend. We went out Sunday but there was hardly anyone out .So we played it safe and only went to Cabin John Cove. There was only one other boat there when we showed up ,Later some guys towing rafts showed up that's good place for power rafting. On Saturday it was packed there.Our son is pack from Iraq so this Thursday we are going up to Fort Dix NJ to pick him up and bring him home. He was there for one Year At Camp Liberty In Bagdad.Maybe he'll join us this weekend.

skargo

Banned

Well we finally made it to LLoyds Creek on Saturday. Now that is the place to go too. It's the first time that I have ever been there but not my last timeI didn't know that there are two ways in there. The water was pretty clear and the bottom was a hard sandy base.I came in in an opening in the hedge row.then made a slow left were everyone was tied up at. The water was about four to five ft. deep .Lots of room. I know that we will be back this coming weekend. We went out Sunday but there was hardly anyone out .So we played it safe and only went to Cabin John Cove. There was only one other boat there when we showed up ,Later some guys towing rafts showed up that's good place for power rafting. On Saturday it was packed there.Our son is pack from Iraq so this Thursday we are going up to Fort Dix NJ to pick him up and bring him home. He was there for one Year At Camp Liberty In Bagdad.Maybe he'll join us this weekend.

You are really lucky if you went in where I think you went in, from what I hear.
There is really one way in, and that's up by the cliff.

I'm sure Stan will chime in.

How about we plan a raft-up that weekend, who's in?