Boatdock building

Hey first time to use this forum,hope someone out there can help. I know this sounds strange but my father-in-law is wanting to build a covered boatdock on richland chambers lake in Texas and he's getting some info I dont know is correct. The lake is about 6 foot low and land goes out about70 feet which is as far as he wants to go out. I thought for sure it would be a snap to build a dock now with the water so low but dock builders are telling him he has to wait for the water to come back up before they can start building the dock. They use about 4 inch diameter steel poles for the supports. does this sound right to anyone out there. any info would be a great help. THANKS!

Twidget

Commander
Re: Boatdock building

Welcome aboard. Im sure someone with some experience in that area will be along soon. :)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Maybe they do construction from a barge. Thats the way they build them around here.

gatorboaterUF

Seaman

I may not know what i'm talking about but i have watched a few people on the lake build em <br /><br />i wanna say maybe it has something to do with the way they set the posts in the bottom of the lake. I think when they set the posts they have to be underwater so everything settles right. When the guy nextdoor did his dock he used a waterpump to blast a hole for his posts to settel in.<br /><br />hope the lake comes back up. Down here around keystone, Florida rock built a cement plant and messed with the water table some of the lakes turned into nothing but mudd holes. Now they wanna build another 2 miles from my mom and dad's lake house, its reaally sad.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

My FIL lives on RC also. They live in Rustling Oaks. We will be adding a casting/sunning deck on his pier/boathouse sometime soon. I'll be using the s crew in type of post hole diggers for the holes and they'll be about 48" deep. He did mention some people use the barges to drive the posts in, but way too much $$$$$$$ for what we are doing. I only have to do 6 holes so it shouldn't be too bad. Where is he at on the lake?

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> My FIL lives on RC also. They live in Rustling Oaks. We will be adding a casting/sunning deck on his pier/boathouse sometime soon. I'll be using the s crew in type of post hole diggers for the holes and they'll be about 48" deep. He did mention some people use the barges to drive the posts in, but way too much $$$$$$$ for what we are doing. I only have to do 6 holes so it shouldn't be too bad. Where is he at on the lake?
Hey Kenneth thanks for the info. He is in Azure Bay, out of Winkler. Wonder when we are ever going to get rain and get the lake filled back up. Thanks again.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think this is a boat topic, too.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Just right up the road, maybe 5 miles. As for the rain I don't think its ever gonna come again.