Boat washed up on shore

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
Hi guys,

I have a 2000 Stingray fiberglass I/O that broke off the mooring and washed up on shore about a month ago. It could have been a lot worse but there is damage and some fiberglass showing. The keel got scraped up pretty good and a bunch of road rash in other spots. I'm not going to fix this myself. I have the name of a reputable shop that I'm going to take it to in the spring. Just wondering if anyone has some WAG as to how big a job this is to fix and what it might cost me? Thanks.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Hard to say without picture(s). Is this type of damage covered by your insurance policy? If you have comprehensive, you might be covered. Was it a storm that made it break the dock lines or they were just tied incorrectly?

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry I don't have any pics handy. Yes it is insured but I've never made a claim before so I have to look into it. My understanding is there was some rough windy days on the lake prior. The mooring broke off and is no where to be found. I'm not sure why it wasn't still attached to the boat. I had 2 lines going to it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Make your claim and the insurance adjuster will give you a SWAG. How do you start a claim? Call your agent.

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
I know that guys...I was just curious. Friendly forum you have here...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont confuse brevity w being rude.

Hard to quess-timate cost w out putting hands and eyes on it

Damage could be very minor w no hidden damage or extremely expensive w extensive fractured glass hidden behond what can be seen.