Boat specifications

Robo

Cadet
I have a 1988 Chaparral 187XL with a 4.3L Mercruiser. I am trying to find out some specifications on the boat. How would I go about doing that? I tried calling chaparral, but they only support the newer models. <br /><br />I'd like to find out the range of the boat, fuel capacity, oil to use, and other general maintenance requirements. <br /><br />Thanks for any assistance!

thornious

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Boat specifications

try a dealer for some of the boat specs. Most of your questions probably could be answered here if you post specific questions though.

Robo

Cadet
Re: Boat specifications

I have been trying to get someone at Chaparral, but I never get a call back. The dealers in the area have no clue.<br /><br />My main question is fuel capacity. What is the fuel tank size of a 1988 chaparral 187xl? I cannot get to the tank to measure it. Maybe I just need to run the thing until the gas is gone and fill it up? <br /><br />Other questions:<br />4.3L Mercruiser - <br />1) Oil to use for changes<br />2) Grease to use for the zerk fittings around the outdrive (Alpha One)<br />3) Filter to use for Oil and Air<br /><br />I am also wonder about general boat care.<br /><br />I appreciate your response!