Boat shoping, any advice/thoughts/exp with 93/94 Crownline 250CR?

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has one of these, or maybe has specific 'watch out for this' (or similar) thoughts? Also looking for rough ideas what would be a 'decent' price to pay.. "in your opinion" :lol:

I know Crownline is a decent make, and I have had a quick look at it already, but didnt spend much time on it. It is at a local Marina (somewhat fancy/ritzy one too..) and was a 'repo' boat from last season. Previous owners didn't pay remainder of slip fees/haul out and winterizing i guess... Its a silent auction kinda deal, you tell them what you will give them, and they will likely come back at the high bidder with a yes, or no we need more.

Quick list:
-25ft (27oa) 8ft beam, integrated swim platform and bow pulpit, Minor dock rash, needs a real good cleaning/buff
-Cabin has small aft sleeper, 2pc enclosed head, 1 burner cook top and fridge/sink. Quite dirty and mildew smelly..
-Merc 454 and bravo 2 drive, no hour meter. Skeg is mostly missing and prop is chewed, gimble needs re+re (HUGE amount of slop/play)
-New-ish full camper top (1-2years old) in good shape
-seating/upholstery/etc is rough and will need re+re, but is useable as is for a season.

Trust me I KNOW some basic things to be looking for, in general, on an old boat, (transom, stringers, hull damage or osmosis, ect) and I will give it a very good going over before dropping my cash.. it has been tagged 'winterized', and is guaranteed to be operable (drive and motor) although the batteries are still connected, and who knows about the fuel in the tank... also the cabin needs serious clean up, possibly minor repairs, and most seating/upholstery is rough and worn.. so I'll be into that AGAIN next winter.. :p Cosmetics aside tho, just looking for opinions on the make, and this model if anyone has or does own one, and anything else i might want to look for?. I've put in an offer of $2000, which is basically less than what i consider the motor/drive to be worth... gota start low though :laugh:

Here is a pic I found online, it looks pretty much like that one.
http://parker-sd.allboatlistings.com/57053/yachts/1993-25-crownline-boats-250-cr_17222643.html

Last edited: