Boat ran 6 years ago

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat ran 6 years ago

Did you charge the bettery :D What kind of boat, motor, etc............

cosander

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had mine out 4 5 years. After checking compression, spark and putting new gas in the carb I discovered I had corroded points.

tommays

Admiral

:confused: i dont no of anything that will run after sitting 6 years with out some help<br /><br />6 years is a pretty good life for a battery even when you take care of it<br /><br />you fuel is the biggest ? <br /><br />and if anything was done to the motor to protect it from rusting while it was sitting<br /><br /><br />tommays

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I said charge the battery, if it sat for six years I would think it would need a charge, if not replacement. Six years is a long time for a boat to sit. Tell me it hasn't sat in the water for 6 years.........Does it turn over at all? Again, what boat motor, etc.....

Harold Paratestis

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by J.kopec:<br /> I said charge the battery,... Tell me it hasn't sat in the water for 6 years.........Does it turn over at all? Again, what boat motor, etc.....
Oh OK, I charge the battery. Is it bad if it sat in the water? It's an old boat, I not know what kind. Sticker on the motor says OMC 3.0.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

What kind of motor specifically,Mercruiser, volvo,omc......Age of boat could be helpful ....

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

If it sat in the water for 6 years that would probably not be so good.......Especially for corrosion......I'm not an OMC guy, so you should let some of the other guys who are familiar with OMC given their 2 cents.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Harry,<br />Any engine that sits for six years is going to need some basic matianance if you expect it to start and run correctly. How was the boat stored? Was the fuel drained, was the oil changed, and was the engine tuned prior to the lay up? If not, all these things should be preformed before the engine is put back into service.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

I would say that the duckway has frozen in place and needs to be cleaned.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

Harry did anyone ever call you fuzz nuts?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I think it's the rebirth of Trogg. Is anybody other than wvit paying attention?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

You know, the same thought had crossed my mind, but I chose to ignore it, because I have seen wierd posts:D I wouldn't want to berate anyone without just cause......"Fuzz Nuts"? :D :D :D

jeff13601

Chief Petty Officer

Harry? Is this a serious post or are you trying to be a comedian? Six years is forever for something to sit around and then just work right. I have never had any battery around for six years, nonetheless think that it would be reliable

QC

Supreme Mariner

Guys,<br /><br />Read the name, but call him Harry . . . you've been had!!! :D :D :D

tommays

Admiral

Serous borderline tumor of the paratestis: a report of seven cases.<br /><br />McClure RF, Keeney GL, Sebo TJ, Cheville JC.<br /><br />Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA.<br /><br />We report the clinical, morphologic, immunophenotypic, and ploidy findings of seven cases of serous borderline tumor of the paratestis. Mean patient age was 56 years (range, 14-77 years), and the clinical presentation was that of a testicular mass. Tumors ranged in size from 1 to 6 cm (mean, 3.5 cm). Six tumors arose from the tunica albuginea, and two of these tumors were intratesticular. One tumor arose from the tunica vaginalis. Serous borderline tumor of the paratestis is histologically identical to its ovarian counterpart. The tumors were cystic with numerous intracystic blunt papillae lined by stratified epithelial cells with minimal to mild cytologic atypia. Psammoma bodies were present in two cases. In all cases, the neoplastic cells stained strongly and diffusely for cytokeratin 7, estrogen receptor, and CD15, and six of seven cases were positive for progesterone receptor and MOC-31. The cells did not stain for cytokeratin 20, carcinoembryonic antigen, calretinin, and HER2/neu. Proliferative activity, as assessed by MIB-1 staining, ranged from 1.3% to 10% (mean, 5.5%). Five of six tumors were diploid, and one was tetraploid. Patients were treated by radical orchiectomy and followed up from 4 months to 18 years (mean, 48 months; median, 8.5 months). No recurrences or metastases occurred. Serous borderline tumor of the paratestis is morphologically and immunophenotypically identical to ovarian serous borderline tumor. To date, no serous borderline tumor of the paratestis reported in the literature or in our series has recurred or metastasized after resection.<br /><br />PMID: 11224608 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I sat around for 6 years, am now 67 and nothing works. Lighten up on the boat!

Harold Paratestis

Seaman Apprentice

What is fuzz nuts? Some of the bolts look a little dirty but none are "fuzzy." I charged the battery, now it turns over but still won't start.