Boat Names

water_rat03

Seaman
Re: Boat Names

I never got around to painting the name in her but I called my old boat "one way".
We had a lot of one way trips out where she only ran one way. Was towed the other!

bj2455

Seaman Apprentice

Wife and I recently bought our first boat together. Lost my last boat in the divorce settlement. The second marriage for both of us and the wife thought I was a fanatic about boating. She's right...so here's our new boat and name.

Attachments

• funautical.JPG
    funautical.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kracken

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Best name I saw this year:

30+ foot bowrider "Big Johnson"

Worst name:

30 + foot go-fast : "I thought I saw a Putty Tat"

other notables:

"Just us"
"Generic"
"stimulous plan"

jd_1598

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 1988 Wellcraft 192 Classic cuddy... and I named her "Spinner Bait". I had a friend who couldn't remember my girlfriends name at one of his parties, so he used to say "hey where did spinner bait go". As she was wearing some ear-rings with a cork screw design that looked like a fishing lurer. Been married to her since 1987.

JMUDukes

Cadet

Ok...just brought home the new boat. Per usual, I can't think of a name.

Background: Grew up on the beach in North Carolina. My family was involved in piracy 200 years ago. Wanted a boat all my life. Could also name it something that is a tribute to the Navy. Ideally, I want something that nobody else has.

The short list:

Black Spot
Jack Tar
Scuttlebutt
Stormshadow
Banana Wynn (my pirate family was Wynn, and who doesn't like Buffett?)
200 Years Too Late (kinda long)
Southeast of Disorder
Sweet Time

Please help!

Kristin

Recruit

I like the name Banana Wynn, in respond to dukes, also 'southeast of disorder' is really original.

rdny041285

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For people with a lot of "no wake zones" around I thought a funny name that i want to name mine is "Dont WAKE (in wavy letters) the neighbors" and then have a motor decal at the end with it kicking up waves.

Nilla1

Cadet

That's a really unique name idea, very cute.

I am new and having trouble navigating on this site, by the way, so if anyone has some tips, that would be great. thank you!

NoGin

Petty Officer 1st Class

My Thompson is named - NO GIN. My last name is pronounced no-gin but spelled Knoetgen.

As i said in an earlier post i was going to name mine "Nauti Hooker" because it is a fishing boat. Now i am re-thinking it. It is usually the ugliest crappiest looking boat out there, we only paid 1500 for a really good running 22' boat. Now I am thinking of calling it "The Floater" with a little Mr Hankey next to it

lazermule

Cadet

Saw an old Aluminum 14ft fishing rig in my area that was painted orange with an 01 on the side and it said "GENERAL PIKE" on the back.

oshkoshboating

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought my first boat (1971 Steury) for $600. Hence, "Only 600" became the name.

Granted, I didn't put lettering on it (I bought a bigger & better boat a few weeks later due to our families new addiction to boating; plus it would have looked ridiculous) but anyone who asked got that reply.

No name on the new boat. The existing one has to go though - "Butch & Toots" - I don't feel like being either! :D

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class

i just got a new boat. and named it after my grandaughter who is just learning to swim..i nick named her turtle turd because she sinks right to the bottom. when she finally learns to swim. she will be my turtle...so far now my boat name is TURTLE TURD

wheelin 18

Cadet

still no name on my boat any ideas 17 foot fish and ski 1989 maxum quantum looks like new previous owners didnt use much its in great shape

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Rode on a Baja named "Tuition". College kid spending daddy's $$.

My last name is Day, the boat is "DAY'sDREAM"
Also seen "FUELISH MISTAKE", "OUR SUMMER PLACE", and then there is my
brothers-in -law with their boats. Last name Heaton.
One named his "HEAT'N-UP", the other "COOL'N DOWN".
I always liked the play on names.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i just got a new boat. and named it after my grandaughter who is just learning to swim..i nick named her turtle turd because she sinks right to the bottom. when she finally learns to swim. she will be my turtle...so far now my boat name is TURTLE TURD

glad i'm not your grand child, what does she call you dino-poo?