Boat in my yard! Updated... it's gone!

TilliamWe

Banned
Came home from work yesterday and there is a 23' Chaparral cuddy cabin sitting in my back yard! Now all I have to do is some major cleaning on it, completely buff it out, work overtime to put gas in it, and find a truck to get it to the water and back.

Best part of it, the boat is "free"! It's my sister's, and it'll be stored in my yard for about a month, until my dad takes it back to her in Ohio.

(Got the green light from my big sister to use it as I feel the need, too!)

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Boat in my yard!

Cool, possession is 9/10 of the law! Even better when you have permission! You know it needs run a lot to make sure it stays lubricated and seize up. Just remember everytime you take it out you are doing it for your sister. She will appreciate that you are so kind hearted!:D

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You could strike a good storage deal with her....Free storage at your place and you can use it whenever.

tpenfield

Staff member

Came home from work yesterday and there is a 23' Chaparral cuddy cabin sitting in my back yard! Now all I have to do is some major cleaning on it, completely buff it out, work overtime to put gas in it, and find a truck to get it to the water and back.

Best part of it, the boat is "free"! It's my sister's, and it'll be stored in my yard for about a month, until my dad takes it back to her in Ohio.

(Got the green light from my big sister to use it as I feel the need, too!)

Nice . . . I hope you get a few outings in the month or so that it is 'yours' . . . :cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Offer "Free" summer storage !!!!!!

TilliamWe

Banned

My sister didn't even know it was going to be here. :) She had to call my parents to confirm that they were really bringing to my house. She's not expecting the boat to be in her state until after August 16th. (I don't think it'll be here that long, but it might!)

It looks like it's going to be here through July!

Bubba, funny you should mention a tire, he did lose a wheel bearing in Effingham on the way here. So there really are repairs to do to the trailer as soon as he gets back from WA.

TilliamWe

Banned

Well, I spent all three days last weekend removing oxidation and polishing it. I waxed the hulls sides this morning, vacuumed the interior and had a friend come hook up to it. Paid for a slip for June and July. Launched it at the marina (in the rain), tied it up in the slip (in the rain), and covered it up (in the rain). Did I mention it rained? Then after my son and I got home, it was sunny. Oh well.

Got to try to go for a ride after a birthday party ends at 4:30 tomorrow. I think it's gonna be a quick trip to the city docks and dinner at Joe's Crab Shack or Hooters! Let my abbreviated boating season begin!