Boat in Music Video

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Boat in Music Video

Looks like an old Chris Craft.

Not a big Kid Rock fan but what I have heard of his latest album I like, he actually does have some talent.

Heard them play on Bob and Tom, they sang this song and then broke into Amazing Grace of all things, it was really cool.

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Definitly looks like a Chris Craft. I don't know what year but they do make new ones that look like the old ones. Nice boat..

MikDee

Banned

It looks like a modern replica of the old style mahogany Chris Craft, Garwood, speedboats. It has a conventional open cockpit in the back with a motor box in the middle, and a rear seat, that's what makes me think so. I had an old 18' Higgins mahogany finished plywood sppedboat, with a 135hp greymarine 6cyl. that had almost the same exact lines, but no planked style deck like that.

Wait a second that song starts off with "Werewolves of London" music, then ends up with "Sweet Home Alabama" music :eek: is that legal? :confused:

DaveM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wait a second that song starts off with "Werewolves of London" music, then ends up with "Sweet Home Alabama" music :eek: is that legal? :confused:

I'm not a copyright lawyer (although I play one on TV). It is legal as long as permission is granted. A paid royalty probably goes a long way when granting permissions. Bad things happen when an artist (term used loosely here) like Vanilla Ice steals a song passage, as he did with "Ice Ice Baby."

Joe_the_boatman

Chief Petty Officer

I'm not a copyright lawyer (although I play one on TV). It is legal as long as permission is granted. A paid royalty probably goes a long way when granting permissions. Bad things happen when an artist (term used loosely here) like Vanilla Ice steals a song passage, as he did with "Ice Ice Baby."

Or "The Verve" sampling some of The 'Stone's music. The Rolling Stones sued them, and won; every bit of the royalties from that album of theirs went to the Rolling Stones after that, plus damages.

That about did it for that band.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Kid Rock just did an event and brought out the remaining members from Lynyrd Skynyrd to play the melody parts in this song that he borrowed from Sweet Home Alabama.

You can be certain that permission was granted if they've done something like this.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Didn't know you could get a pontoon with a stripper pole and that guy in the speed boat needs beat.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

erikgreen

Captain

I like the song to a point, I just can't stand the lyrics that guy puts together... it's like he spends almost five minutes on them or something.

Stripper poles on pontoons... sounds like a good idea for a winter project :)

pduquette

Ensign

I'd rather have heard the roar of the motor - Like in F inscrenenames vids:):p

cordell

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bad things happen when an artist (term used loosely here) like Vanilla Ice steals a song passage, as he did with "Ice Ice Baby."

I agree with the loosely artist term on Kid Rock, but good ol Vanilla Ice won in court that he did not steal that Queen rift, right? Pretty sure on that. I do think it sounds WAY to much like Queen to not be stolen though. lol

cordell

oops!

Supreme Mariner

yup ....warren zevon....warewolves of london......and lynrd skynard......

dont know why warren zevon is in there.........and skynards song was off the charts by 89.....so i dont really know what hes saying.....except ....to make a hit song.......its easyer to steal one from someone else !

and whu dont they make those poles brass ! :eek::D

govols019

Seaman

Vanilla was never sued. They settled out of court. He admitted to stealing it.

This is 2008 and Sweet Home Alabama is still one of my favorite songs. I'm not sure what it not being on the charts has to do with anything.

Seeing how Lynyrd Skynyrd is doing shows with Kid Rock I wouldn't consider it stealing.

It's a fun summer song. It's not meant to be Dylan.