Boat cover help

wiguy85

Cadet
May seem like a stupid question but I just picked up a 1991 Astro Quickfire 18FS not long ago and im upgrading from a tiller set up so never had this problem. Include in sale was thin dust cover and also a thick cover that has all those quick connect straps that tie to the trailer. I have it cover decent enough for right now since its just in garage but other times it may not have room in garage. Here's the dilemma. Im looking at ideas to raise the boat cover in front and back because since fish and ski, it creates a pond in the front with open bow and trolling motor and in back a little in cabin. So im trying to address that to keep rain from collecting but more importantly, on the stern, I cant see to keep it covered good. With motor tilted up on transom saver and with the throttle cables/fuel line bundle, the cover wont fit over that obviously but then it keeps cover from really covering anything in back (splash well, and deck and doesn't fit on the rear. Anyone have a pic of how their cover fits over the rear of boat keeping everything covered? for now I put dust cover on and that's large enough to fit over the outboard and threw the heavy cover over that and bungee'd a few spots of cover around the outboard to keep it like that but looking for better ideas for when it has to sit outside or trailering. think I need to route a better fuel tank vent also (not entirely sure where it is running to because I bought it and put it away the same day) because im currently overseas for another month yet and had the girlfriend uncover part of it to take pics of dash and says she smelled gas. I don't think it leaking, I think the vapor from tank vent has no other place to go.