Boat building and life

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been keeping a list of things I have learned about life from boat building. Maybe you have some to add to the list.<br />1. It isn't easy<br />2. It requires perseverance<br />3. It's not about perfection.<br /> A mistake does not mean I am not a boat builder. Or, mistakes don't equal failure.<br />4. When I repair a mistake - that part of the boat is stronger than it was originally.<br />5. You must have a strong and square foundation (building form)<br />6.It is sometimes fun - and sometimes just a lot of work.<br />7. There is more than one way to do almost everything.<br />8. Other boat builders can be a great help.<br />9. You have to have a plan.<br />10. You must know what the boat is supposed to look like when you are through.<br />11. You will never be completely finished.<br />12. I can do more than I thought I could.

brother chris

Commander
Re: Boat building and life

You will need more resin and acetone than you first thought.<br />It takes lots of patience.<br />It WILL float when you are finished.<br />You will be proud of your acomplishment.

crab bait

Captain

it is nothin' but 'step takin'.. baby steps at that..<br /><br /><br />i know i'm an engineering wizard.. as many mistakes as i make,, each one is always turned into a positive..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Boat Restoration and Building.