Blower motor whinnnnnnnes like the devil

intrepid

Seaman
On the last use of the boat this year the blower motor startred to whinnnnnnnnnning like a jet engine turbine .<br /><br />I tried oiling it, jiggling it etc.<br /><br /> but it still whinnnnnnness<br /><br />should I just replace it? or can the whinne be fixed?<br /><br />The blades are not touching the casing and all looks good on a non disasembly glance<br /><br /> any hints ?

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Blower motor whinnnnnnnes like the devil

Sounds like it's time for a new blower, intrepid.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I had the same problem this spring.I turned the blower on and sprayed pb blaster directly into the intake side ,and then I turned it off and sprayed LIBERALLY into the other side.Let it sit and ---cured----.If that dont work,the blower will be one of the cheapest and easiest repairs you will ever have to do.Post back the results.Charlie

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would be concerned about trying to repair it and have it fail at a critical time (like a day of boating)<br /><br />They are pretty cheap. I think I spent about $30 for a new one. <br /><br />Take the time to try to fix, cost of lubricants, mess, lower reliability, etc. and it really doesn't seem worth it.