bimini top

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer
Okay I am going to order a bimini top I have been trying to locate a used one within driving distance to get but am not having luck. I am going to take some more measurements tomorrow but I am still trying to decide between 6' or 8' but any way. I have looked around on iboats and they don't seem to have them in stock and trying to have one by next weekend. So I was looking around on ebay and all the ones I am finding seam like around 225 they start to come with boots. But the ones in that price range don't seam like they come with the rear poles to support while open or closed. I don't want the straps in rear. Am I missing them somewere or anybody found any good deal's on ebay or anywere else that has fast shipping that come with the boot and the rear support poles and hardware. Thanks in advance

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer
Re: bimini top

Check with these guys, they only 30 some miles from you and may have some used

Wild Hair Canvas Shop is located on US 50, Aurora, Indiana, 47001 812-290-1086

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Okay I am going to check them out never heard of them.

Also one more question what is the pros and cons of mounting outisde side windows verse inside windows? On this boat would you mount outside or inside and why?

DSC00427.sized.jpg

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

this is the best deal i found and im about ready to order from Pelican Marine as soon as i remeasure. cut to length rear support poles eliminate straps in the back and are usually a inexpensive option like the matching boot or stainless hardware upgrade. im getting 6' pacific blue sunbrella bimini with boot, support poles and the stainless hardware for $350 shipped

KCinNC

Cadet

i just installed a Bimini...i had to install main mounts inside the windshield so everything would line up correctly...i installed the rear supports also , instead of the straps !!!! everything lined up perfect :D

Attachments

• Chris Craft 007.jpg
    Chris Craft 007.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Yea I am seeing that I will have to buy the rear support poles seperate and not one kit. I am going to look into pelican a little more. I wonder if they really take 5 days to get one shipped or if they have some in stock. Also KCinNC that top looks good were did you get that one it has the plastic fittings correct?

KCinNC

Cadet

i got mine from Overton's. i had a 20% off code, so i got everything for under $300. only downside, not the sunbrella top like pelican offers. it is polyester..but it gets the job done :D it does have the nylon fittings

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Okay I looked at pelican they do seem like they have some good deals. I ended up ordering one from a place in kentucky called boatarama direct from ebay. They sold me the top, boot and rear support poles shipped for 160. I will put it on and use it this weekend and then I may go ahead and buy the stainless hardware kit for it for another 69.99 I will post some pictures once I get it on I hope it will be here tuesday or wednesday at the latest.

dustedwatts

Seaman

does anyone know what 3 bow and 4 bow means? i assume it is how many support poles it has mounted, but you-all know what happens when u assume(LOL) I found a new top 88.0 x 72.0 x 60.0 for way cheap (no boot though) can get either a 3 bow or 4 bow, but not sure which one would be best.

thx
1976 SeaSwirl Tri-Hull 18' closed bow
28409_1298543230450_1436463972_30633576_4153280_n[1].jpg

Last edited:

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

the bows are the metal pieces that go across the top to support the fabric. there generally 2 feet apart. so a 3 bow bimini is usually 6 feet while a 4 bow is 8 feet in length. here's a pic of mine installed. 3 bow, 6 foot from Pelican Marine with the boot and support poles and stainless hardware upgrade. i went with the topgun type of fabric which was the perfect color for me and a hundred bucks cheaper than sunbrella. $267 shipped and its awesome quality. very impressed.

0708001238b.jpg

0708001238.jpg

rajjneef

Cadet

I can tell you who NOT to order from. Ameri-brand or also known as websweeper.com. Absolute terrible customer service and I am a patient guy up to a point.

I wouldnt hesitate to order from Overtons if they have your color available.