Bimini Top

Bennettc

Seaman
I was looking for a new bimini boot for my boat when I found this.

The price seems pretty cheap for a bimini top. My question is, do you think that this is a good buy? Why are other similar bimini tops 400-55 dollars?

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Bimini Top

Something's up. This is half the price I paid for frame only.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

It sounds like it is just the fabric, no frame,"vinyl, pontoon bimini fabric with boot".

Bennettc

Seaman

I thought it was the vinyl only also but the product description says:

Attwood pontoon Bimini Tops include mounting hardware and front tension straps.
They also include:
Rear Support Bracket
Storage Boot in matching color
8' Long, 48" High

Why would they include a rear support bracket if it was only the fabric? It also talks a lot about the height which would be irrelevant if it was for the fabric only. Anyway it seems like a good deal. I'll email them to see if includes the frame as well. Makes sense to me to buy the whole package instead of spending $50 bucks on a boot that may not even fit.

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

Reading the description leads me to believe the frame is included but that is very cheap. I would just call them. I am sure it won't last as long as a quality bimini though.

Bennettc

Seaman

I got a reply and they said that it was for the fabric only and that the frame was separate. It did seem a little misleading though.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

you can only expect 1-2 seasons out of that vinyl top

dbblackburn

Cadet

try a local cutom canvas shop or tarp or awning place, if you have the old one they can make you a nice new one and tweek any fit problems you may have had and you might find it to be a reasonable price while giving your local small business some much needed work

Bennettc

Seaman

I really only need a new "boot." I just fixed my old one with duct tape.

Does anyone have any tips for getting the canvas to pull tighter to flatten out the top? The canvas is still in good shape, it just seems to sag between the supports.