Bimini Boot Replacement

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class
Late last year I graciously donated my Bimini boot to the fishes in my local lake. I did not realize those things could get lost so easily. Well I need a new one. My Larson dealer wants about $120 for this piece of canvas with a zipper on it. Is there anywhere else I can get one. I assume they should be pretty standard. I need a black boot. I can get exact measurements of the bimini if needed.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bimini Boot Replacement

watch ebay they have them occasionally. they are pretty much standard. if you know someone who sews, they can just put a zipper, on a piece of vinyl. zippers are available on line.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

they are pretty much standard, just get the one that is wide or long enough.
I got two replacement tops with boots on ebay for $60 a couple years ago.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the Ebay tip! Just have one question. What points do I use for the measurement? I measured 74" from where the top attaches to the boat on the Bow side and 76" on the stern side. Is one of these the measurement I am looking for or do I have to measure the actual canvas width on the top? The boot I am looking at says it fits widths of 73" to 78". Will this work?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

lay your top down, roll the canvas, now measure how much it will take to cover it. length and the distance around it. you are only covering the canvas.