Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bimini - Am I missing somethin?

Perfect DB!
I'm on it now.

Thanks for the help.

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice

BTW, I trailered my boat for two trips this weekend at highway speeds with the "homemade" trailering struts and they worked perfectly. Worth the money I spent!

fish hook

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I like the trailering struts, but with the top down while on the water, I'm afraid the kids and a few beverage induced adults may damage it while going back and forth from the swim platform to the sun deck. I'm kinda leaning towards TQ4pilots's setup as long as you can easily walk under it - maybe a guy could have a couple length quick-change struts for trailering and one for on the water? I live close to the water so trailering length struts would only be needed for long trips. Good info guys!!

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice

I use them ONLY for trailering, never on the water. When I an on the water the top in in the upright position but may or may not be unfolded. Depends on if we want the sun or the shade. I do not have a tower and don't intend to have one, but if you do, then that setup is the way to go.

This is why I like this forum. Many different approaches to the same problem!!

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this but here is what I have.downsized_0426021910.jpg
They are quick change also, all you have to do is unlatch from the base and clip them to the struts for the bimini top and insert the bimini struts to the base mount .

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this but here is what I have.View attachment 147113
They are quick change also, all you have to do is unlatch from the base and clip them to the struts for the bimini top and insert the bimini struts to the base mount .

That's it.
Where did you buy this from SC?

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

The marina where I got the boat and had the bimini installed had them. If you call tracker marine Im sure they can set you up with them,