bilge pump

jvbarber00

Cadet
I have just bought a 1991 sea ray 170. it has a sun deck over the engine. is there a trick to getting bown in the bilge to change out the bilge pump, or do you have to be a really skinny short guy that can slid down in there

wrench 3

Commander
Welcome to iboats.
You've got it pegged pretty well. I sent my five year old daughter down in there once (she's 30 now, but can still turn a pretty good wrench). I run into a lot of them floating around on the end of the hose with the old one still screwed into the bilge
That said, If you have storage separated from the engine by panels, you can probably remove those panels for better access.

alldodge

Staff member
I have just bought a 1991 sea ray 170. it has a sun deck over the engine. is there a trick to getting bown in the bilge to change out the bilge pump, or do you have to be a really skinny short guy that can slid down in there

:welcome: to iboats

As wrench mentioned, no tric it's remove stuff or need real long skinny arms. If we could only train an orangutan to help, that would really be great :D

jvbarber00

Cadet
that is what i thought but was wishfully thinking that i was missing a hidden trick. Thanks guys