BF9.9 Rectifier

TUTS

Recruit
I have a 1998 9.9 with the 6Amp charging. Because the rectifier isn't available anymore I upgraded the charge coils and rectifier to the 10Amp ones from a 2001. However, the 10Amp rectifier has an extra two wires. I have the two grey ones hooked to the charge coils. This leaves two pairs of wires: yellow-black stripe and white- black stripe is the first pair. White and brown-white stripe is the second. Can anyone tell me how to wire this up? The old regulator had just a red and green.

Thanks,
Chris

TUTS

Recruit
Thank you Sam I Am. I printed and penciled over the 2001 lines the best I could. It looks to me like the white line is the positive output and the brown-white the negative. The other two look like they could just be capped off. Would that me your assumption too?

Kind regards,
Chris

sam am I

Commander
Don't think it's brown-white for negative.......Looks to me brown-white heads off to the thermal valve. Think it's just the black lead for negative and yes, white for positive 12V. Then the two grays to the stator charge winding's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boatinfo - Honda Service Manual for BF8, BF99 and BF10_a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	10634736