BF15 Water Problem

Racer57

Seaman Apprentice
My father-In-Law passed away a year ago tomorrow. We have his 2003 Honda BF15 outboard that I put on a jon boat in a garbage pail of water and I started it up. It started after about four pulls, and I saw water pumping out the pee hole. Seemed to run fine. I turned it off and then went and did something else for a few hours.

Before I drained the water from the garbage pail it was in I decided to start it again. Started just fine but no water pumping out. So I shut it down.

It has probably sitting for a couple of years so I bought an impeller kit and I am going to replace it. Before I do that, could the lack of water flow be due to something else? Bad thermostat, etc?

I have worked on car engines and motorcycle engines, but never an outboard. I have the shop manual for it, but anything I should watch out for?

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
Most of the time that is caused by an obstruction in the indicator line, no big deal just clean it out. Take a small wire or something simuliar and push it up into plastic fitting, or you could use an air compressor to blow it out.

2003 Motor, if the impeller has not been changed before, its definitely well past due, i would go ahead and change it anyways.