Best place to mount batterys on a 14ft v hull

fireshadow

Cadet
I was wondering where the best b
place to mount two batterys on 14' v hull would be. I have a small marine battery on the bow right now for lights and a small platform. On the rear of the boat I have a six gallon gas can, a 50lb outbord , trolling motor and my self. I don't want to much weight on the rear so I was thinking of eather mounting the 50lb battery on the bow with the smaller 25lb battery or behind the center bench. It's mainly my three year old riding on the middle bench, then if any one else is in the boat there riding on the front bench or on the platform where the small battery is. Would the 75lb of battery weight be to much with a passenger at the front or would I be o.k.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Best place to mount batterys on a 14ft v hull

Try it out...... you could use sand bags for your testing and see how it handles.

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Best place to mount batterys on a 14ft v hull

When I had my first boat which was a 14' v-hull I put the batteries in the bow under a cap. The extra weight really helped me get on plane with the small outboard I had. If you do something like that, just make sure you run at least a 6AWG wire. Preferably 4AWG.