Bennett Trim Tabs and ATC vs Smart Tabs

reference123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone have experience with the Bennett Trim Tabs and ATC compared to the Smart Tabs. <br /><br />I want the ease of use of the Smart Tabs for general water sports but have a large boat that tends to list slightly to one side depending one weight. I would like the adaptability of the adjustable trim tabs for larger bodies of water and to correct the listing.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Bennett Trim Tabs and ATC vs Smart Tabs

Have you done a search on this forum? <br /><br />There are enough posts to last until your boat's wore out!

reference123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have read through numerous posts but did not find any involving the Bennett ATC module. If there is one I missed let me know. I would be happy to read through it.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There are also other automatic systems out there compatible with Bennett, Lenco and others. For example, try mente-marine.com This one will even trim the drive up & down for you, includes auto-retract and a trim indicator.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I personally don’t see spending the money for the ATC. I run offshore a lot and once I get the boat dialed in for the conditions of the day I don't have to mess with the tabs much at all. I just don't see spending the extra money for something as simple as this. I do have the auto-retract module and would highly recommend it if you trailer.

cuzner

I instaled the atc system with my Bennetts this spring.I am going to write up a post on my experience, but wanted to get through the season first. So far I love them, I had a few problems instaling, but msost where of were to locate hardware, and initial set point. Too be fair, my boat is top heavy, and only has an 8 foot beam, and the atc system is always working.I did find them at a very good price( 300$). And for me well worth the money!!! Any specific questions you need answers to I'll be happy to reply.<br /><br /> Jim

reference123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the help so far. cuzner, how quickly does the atc react to changing conditions? <br /><br />Dingbat, the weight in the boat is constantly shifting (passengers moving from stern to bow and side to side) as are the water conditions. And, with 3 younger children I dont need an additional thing to have to adjust on a regular basis. <br /><br />Stevens, I will have a look at those. My only concern would be customer service in the US. I know Bennetts and Nauticas customer service are both legendary though I would like the option of using an electric versus hydralic tab.

cuzner

There is a deliberate pause built into the system to stop it from correcting temporary shifts.But once I have it on I never notice the boat tilting enough to effect handling. It works much faster than I could adjust manualy.I instaled atc so I could enjoy driving the boat, with people aboard, instead of always playing with the tabs. People like to move around. They are not for all water conditions though. In very rough conditions I turn them off and use manual switch.<br /><br /> Jim