Bayliner Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixerjv

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Starting a thread for sourcing older bayliner oem or equivalent parts (Administrator, please consider making this thread "sticky")

The following is based on my exprience on my '89 1500CV (15' open bow Capri Outboard) and '89 1902CJ (19' Cuddy Capri Outboard)

Steering/Throttle Controls and Cables: Teleflex Marine, available here at Iboats. For outboards 90hp and above consider replacing with NFB No-Feedback versions, its safer.

Glove Boxes, Cup Holders: were made by Attwood Marine. Iboats as well, although Iboats may not stock everything, they may have access.

Blue Carpet of the era: Dorsett Aqua Turf Denim Blue 5821:
http://www.dorsettind.com/subgallery.asp?SubGalleryId=24
Aqua Turf is available here at iboats, but I think you'll have to special order Denim Blue 5821.

Navigation lights: Perko, here at Iboats

Seats of the era were made by Bayliner themselves, however, Wise seating makes a drop in replacement for the double ending louge seating of most Capris 17' +, available here:

http://www.iboats.com/Bayliner-Repl...1494210--**********.011792094--view_id.426393

The 15' Capri drop in replacement is:

http://www.iboats.com/Wise-Plastic-...61494210--**********.011792094--view_id.40608

Alternately, for vinyl replacement for seats and all the padding, call Kim at Canvas Plus, Arlington, WA 360-435-0932, she is the official Bayliner replacement vinyl supplier and has all the Bayliner patterns of the era.

For the Canvas Covers, Leta's Top Shop is the official Bayliner supplier:

http://www.letastopshop.com/

On Ebay seller "gary1p" offering new black 4 1/2" plastic brackets for the bands that hold the canvas up that attach to the side vinyl padding, amongst other parts.

Great Lakes Skipper buys all the surplus from Bayliner manufacturing, including Faria gauges and swim platforms and sells from their web site and ebay.

Gauges: were made by Faria and they are known to support their products. Although the "Star Wars" style gauges are no longer made, I have heard they will repair some of them. Also, Teleflex Marine makes decent drop in gauges as well, I recommend "International Red", it will match the black dash. MAY 2011 UPDATE: It appears international red has been discontiued. Amega red is closest match.

Also, for installing GPS or a Fishfinder, I recommend Northstar 538 gps and 438 or 435 Fishfinders. They are the exact size of the red outline of the black dash and fit in perfect. Additionally, the 538 or 438 will interface with Mercury Smartcraft if you decide later to repower with Merc. On the 538 be sure to specify external antenna, not the internal. MAY 2011 UPDATE: It appears but is not clear that NORTHSTAR has ceased operations.

MAY 2011 NOTES: The swim platform that Great Lakes Skipper commonly has on sale will fit the 1500CV, not most others. I will post pics when I get a chance on the difference.

And finally, Don't forget any Bayliner Dealer, it's worth a shot to see if they have the part you are looking for.

Last edited:

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bayliner Parts

heya mixer...I have the 1990 19' Capri Cuddy 125 Force outboard,...do you remember what length control cables you bought for yours ?? ... mine need replacing and I would prefer to have the new cables on hand when I remove the old ones...they are Morse cables for shift and throttle
if not , I'll use a string from control to engine along the cables, then measure the string...

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Very good info!

I use a Bayliner owners forum (BOC) and this would be helpful there...do you also post there? If not...would you mind if I show them this?

Happy boating!

mixerjv

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Rocky Road- I'll post on the BOC as well.

Stachi- The design of the Capri Cuddy 125hp OB changed a bit from '89 to '90 - the 19' became a 18' (but I think it's only 6inch difference total boat length) nontheless - Funny you ask - I have to change mine this spring as well so I dont' know yet. Please post if you find out. BTW - Morse is now called Teleflex Marine, and the total length MAY be printed about every 12 inches (seen it on some not all).

One more:

Various windshields, including the '88-'89 Capri 15' and many more:

http://www.updplastics.com/bayliner boat windshields.htm

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Mixer,.... mine is a 2002 model....it is actually almost 20' long....please explain the NFB cable to me....if it EVER stops raining here, I'll pull the cover off her and search the cables for length , or break out the roll of twine....I'll let you know :D

mixerjv

Petty Officer 3rd Class

In a nutshell if you let go of the steering wheel with NFB it stays put. Without it, the engine torque can spin the wheel and make the boat take a sharp turn, possibly capsizing it.

I converted my 19' and would never to back to the older style.

Check the Teleflex Marine website for a much better explaination.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

In a nutshell if you let go of the steering wheel with NFB it stays put. Without it, the engine torque can spin the wheel and make the boat take a sharp turn, possibly capsizing it.

I converted my 19' and would never to back to the older style.

Check the Teleflex Marine website for a much better explaination.

thanks bro , I will check it out...

mixerjv

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Updated (Edited) first post to reflect changes

Status
Not open for further replies.