Bayliner Capri bowrider interior restoration and reupholstery

dovydaz

Seaman
Re: Bayliner Capri bowrider interior restoration and reupholstery

That is the HIN (hull identification number) not good with those other than year. Can you get a full on side shot then we can figure it out - also (in ft not meters) how long?
Ok ill get some photos of exterior tomorrow for you :)

dovydaz

Seaman

oven cleaner sometimes will take it off. also compound mixed with laquer thinner . nice work! I gave a bid on the exact same model of boat to redo the upholstery 7100. us. its a ton of hours to sew all the double welt cords and colors. it was in a lot worse shape than yours

Thanks Ill give it a shot! Sweet, good luck with it :)

dovydaz

Seaman

Managed to get the whole of the bow seats complete! not many pictures this time just one of the finished result, next seats ill try to get more photos :)
IMG_6664.jpg

dovydaz

Seaman

Managed to get the whole of the bow seats complete! not many pictures this time just one of the finished result, next seats ill try to get more photos :)
View attachment 226866
Heres a pic of the original seats! Im pretty happy with the outcome so far :)
IMG_6489.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

Regarding length it should be 20.5ft if im not mistaken, 1987 inboard 5l v8.

OK pretty sure that would be a 2050 model number. I had a '90 2050 it was the newer Euro style with lots of rounded edges and different windshield. The 5.0 engine was the base model if I remember, the 5.7 was the upgrade which I did not get. The hull should be similar so I'm sure you will like the ride - I could stay on plane at about 18 mph, top end (loaded lightly) about 38 mph.

dovydaz

Seaman

OK pretty sure that would be a 2050 model number. I had a '90 2050 it was the newer Euro style with lots of rounded edges and different windshield. The 5.0 engine was the base model if I remember, the 5.7 was the upgrade which I did not get. The hull should be similar so I'm sure you will like the ride - I could stay on plane at about 18 mph, top end (loaded lightly) about 38 mph.

Yeah I do like the '90s shape capri. Sounds good! Im sure itll be good enough for the summer! Will most likely keep it for a season and then get something a little bit less old :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

I like old - mine below is a '79. Seems like the older I get the older boats I buy are.

dovydaz

Seaman

I like old - mine below is a '79. Seems like the older I get the older boats I buy are.

Fair enough, well im pretty young so that explains why I want a newer boat after then i guess :)

dovydaz

Seaman

Never got round to posting an update yesterday so here we go! Having finished the bow seats I started on the fold out driver and passenger seats now

There made out of 4 parts both the back rest and the bottom part are the same as on the opposite side, so i took it apart and started labelling them up and disassembling them

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6692.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

Last edited:

dovydaz

Seaman

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

Heres one finished!

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

and the rest on their way to be completed

IMG_6705.jpg

Last edited:

dovydaz

Seaman

All 4 backrests complete now now going to try redoing the bottom parts :)

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg

Heres how they looked before:

IMG_6487.jpg

Last edited:

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dovy; definitely tagging along for this one!

I've started a complete restoration on an older boat which did not have any seats at all and I want something similar to yours on either side of the engine bonnet.

BTW, I've a real good friend from London by the name of Terrance. If you should run into him, please tell him I said Hi! JK

Cheerio!

dovydaz

Seaman

Dovy; definitely tagging along for this one!

I've started a complete restoration on an older boat which did not have any seats at all and I want something similar to yours on either side of the engine bonnet.

BTW, I've a real good friend from London by the name of Terrance. If you should run into him, please tell him I said Hi! JK

Cheerio!

Great to hear! Good luck with your project :) let me know if you want any specific pictures or any info!
Next Terrance ill meet ill make sure to say Mud Puppy says hi! :)

smithr130

Cadet

looks great real good job on the seat covers wish I could sew like that very nice job

dovydaz

Seaman

Nearly finished all the bottom parts now! heres how one looks (its not stapled on so its all loose :) )

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

Last edited:

dovydaz

Seaman

Now started to take apart the rear sun pad area and reupholstering all the leather
The flip up part was completely rotten so the wood will be replaced as well

image.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner

WOW, dovydaz, you do some very professional work there. I will be watching this project for certain. I like what you've done thus far... Keep posting those pictures. I'm sure other will learn tons form you! :thumb: :thumb:

dovydaz

Seaman

WOW, dovydaz, you do some very professional work there. I will be watching this project for certain. I like what you've done thus far... Keep posting those pictures. I'm sure other will learn tons form you! :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you very much and I sure will! :)