Bass boat restore

im going to hopefully pick up a bass boat tomorrow for 200. the outside of it is fine and theres not leaks. it needs some carpet and alot more. but what i wana know is if you guys would be instrested in me recording it and posting in it. Jus wondering what yall thought, thought maybe it would help out someone new. btw not sure on the make, ive only seen pictures, but it has an 85hp 1977 johnson and its 16ft long fiberglass. it has a trailor. Someone left it at a rental property. looks like its mine now. If yall would be intrested in me recording say so, or i can jus post some pictures. always here to help out

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bass boat restore

Yeah man, we love watching a boat resto project, post lots of pics:)

Red

coolguy147

Commander

get for 100 if the trailer is good.

check the motor to make sure it's not seized

pictures! lots of pictures!:D

ingalp01

Petty Officer 1st Class

Absolutely... I prefer videos, and actually think they're easier to post than resizing pictures for photobucket. I do video and photo posts, but would love to see and old bass boat re-done. I'm already thinking of picking up a bass boat, or maybe a shallow water center console under 20 feet to restore when I finish my Cabin Cruiser...

Good luck man...

tonk62

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I would like to see it posted, I have a 79' Ranger on hold, right now, that I will restore..........if my daughter ever gets me the titles and parts that had been removed before I got it.

Seasonally.boating.jon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sure! Hopefully start on my 76 Arrowglass this afternoon. Fiberglass tri-hull. I feel it was a good descision to do this bass boat. For one, it shouldn't cost as much, and two, it has a flat transom. Newer bass boats look like they would be a pain with all the curves. The only problem I can see so far is the lid or cap, but not that big of a deal though.
Good Luck on your project and take a photo of everything.

IMG_0644.JPGIMG_0645.JPGalright well i went to see this boat today, and the thing was pretty bad. the motor, idk where to start. Well the the started was took out for some reason? flywheel completly rusted. no seats, all the cover over the hatches were gone. no seats were in it. there used to be metal bars on the front, the guy ripped them out leaving like 4 inch holes all around the top:facepalm:. throttle was laying in peaces. hell it wasnt much of a boat. now the hull looked perfect. the console wasnt in bad shape. i mean ive not restored about to this extent yet. wat do yall think. if u get me into this yall better be ready to help me out on this one. Jus tell me what yall think from my discriptions and photos

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like a money pit to me....I'd keep looking.

Seasonally.boating.jon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Football, it is totally up to you. No matter what, if you're restoring a old boat, it will cost money and alot of time. Me myself would rather restore a boat simply because I think a boat is alot more fun than a car and I love the water. Honestly I beleave it is cheaper also. Once again, it is up to you and if you start it, finish it, a tore up boat look super crappy sitting in the yard:D. If it has guages, try to save them because those dudes are not cheap. Bug

i think ill jus keep looking, if the motor would have had some hope i would have been all for it but the story the dude was giving me, was kinda crazy, i guess the dude was working on the boat and took off the starter. He went out and bought a new one. he never installed it. he then took the starter with him and moved. Yet he left all kinds of other crap to the boat there. now i think these dudes were a lil crazy, they also tried to convince me that payton manning was taking a paycut so the "hotdogs and crackerjack prices wouldnt go up" and after that i started to wondering wat they were all smoking. but i have someone willing to trade my 25 hp for an 85hp then it would be worth it. i guess ill jus have to see. and ive already restored a jon boat and a deep v boat, but i was needing a bigger challenge

3k53mf3o25Y05O35T2b7j4b063059775b162e.jpg it is great on the outside but there was a crack where the transom was connected to the side, would that be a hard fix? i honeslty would be happy wit a 16ft jon boat i just cant find one in my area in my price line. im 15 all the money i make is from farm work so i aint wealthy, i could put 1grand into a boat.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Keep looking. Your 1 grand should get you a nice little fishing boat ready to do. That bass boat is a complete wreck.

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

Keep an eye out on craigslist you should be able to get a jon boat for way less than that.