Bar's Leak

bhammer

Ensign
So yesterday, the family and I were out on Lake Grapevine enjoying the weather. Couldn't have been nicer. We did some skiing and tubing and I had noticed a boat in the middle of the lake with it's engine cover up for several minutes. Decided to stop by and see if he needed help.

On his boat, he had two tubes of Bar's leak :confused: and he was in the process of removing a hose from his thermostat cover. I asked him what he was trying to fix and if I could come aboard.... He said sure. Long story short, he had been getting water in the oil and was trying to fix it with bar's stop leak. :eek: This was a raw water cooled boat too.. :eek: I tried to explain this would not fix his boat so he could spend the rest of the day on the water but he was sure it would. I offered him a tow back to any dock and he said if this didn't work, he would boat back it back in. We left but kept an eye on things. An hour later he was headed back to the docks. I wrote down forums.iboats.com and told him to head on over.

All I can think if poor guy and you need help!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bar's Leak

Being uneducated isn't being stupid. We all were newbies once and we all had one or two wrong ideas.

Some of us were too arrogant to know what we didn't know and were unwilling to listen to someone who did. . . now THAT is stupid.

jonesg

Admiral

well put.
I was too stupid to know how ignorant i was.

gonefishie

Commander

well put.
I was too stupid to know how ignorant i was.

That's my excuse too except it's not my fault that I'm stupid. :D

Anyway, what is the cause of that problem? I have an idea but don't want to be anymore ignorant. :D