Attn Ezmobee!! I mean CoolBikeGuy!!!!!

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Attn Ezmobee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know..I have never seen an SS anything without stripes!!

Old Honda SS550 bike I had as a kid...

Chevelles..Camaros...El Camino's.....ya no Ford SS's...

LOL true no Ford SS's but pretty much anything Ford that could whoop a Chebby only needed one S :D Shelby and they all had stripes ;).

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev heres a good example of something with one S that had stripes :D and Ate Chebbies :D.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector_car/1965_shelby_gt350_r_model__/41-4076.html

Rick

They sure did! Love those old Trans-Am racers.....
Interesting fact..The Shelby 429 Cobra's were responsible for more deaths by new car owners in the first 30 days of ownership than any other car...
They just couldnt handle them ponies..

Andy in NY

Commander

Jeremy, too bad about the SS. but thats life...

i agree about the fellowship here. i told my wife that all the wives need to start a support group. i was telling her about jeremys possible new purchase and she looks at me and says " does his wife know" and i just kinda shrugged. she says "figures.... you are all the same"

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Oh she knew about it alright. And she knew that at $450 should wouldn't be able to stop me from draggin' it home. But she was obviously not thrilled about it. She told me she really didn't want another project boat. She's been through it with the Jupiter to know that $450 was only the tip of the iceberg.

I think I'm going to start saving some money towards an SS. I may even take the $450 I took out of the checking account yesterday and stick it in the savings account. If I could save up like $2000 then we're in a whole different situation. At least I have a good running boat in the meantime.

I'd love to see someone buy that SS though. The sellers need the money and the overall package is worth the price. One could probably get some money back by parting out the Chrysler (if they couldn't get it running). If I was just getting into boating and didn't already have the money that I do tied up in the Jupiter I would have brought it home. It wasn't missing any important pieces and it was serviceable. Theoretically if you could get the Chrysler to fire, you could be on the water immediately. The floor was ok and the transom was solid. Ironically I actually love Chryslers. I think they are really cool looking and my uncle had one on a pontoon for many years when I was growing up. And this one was mammoth! But I just feared it needing something right away like a power pack or something that I wouldn't be able to find or would need to pay out the ***** for.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

hey EZ... the wife and i stopped in to take a look at her. im seriously interested. the wife was like ..." can it be painted ?? " lol told my 16 yr old daughter about it and showed her some pics of other project boats and what is involved and she seems into helping ( for now ) lol. back to the boat ... when we stopped by no one was home or atleast didnt come out. there was a guy mowing and he saw us but didnt come down. i didnt get out and look at it because i didnt like that big rottweiler that was sitting under the transom. didnt look to bad from the car. the hull appears to be straight ( not all dented up ). they did have the cover off the engine for some reason. was it that way when you looked at it ? i sent a message through the c/l linl and havent heard back from them yet. im gonna run back down tonight around 530-6. scott

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I don't believe the dog is mean but it wasn't near the boat when I was there. He took the cover off when I was there, I guess he didn't put it back on. The hull has NO dents that I could see. The only area of concern was a JB Weld patch on the bottom and he said it was a leaky rivet (god knows I have enough of that on mine). They were both home yesterday around 5:30. The trailer is way heavy duty, I stood on the fenders and they didn't even remotely flex under my 230 lbs. It will need new rollers and probably bunks. I can PM you the phone number and email address if you want.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

thanks again EZ and replied ...

how concerned would you be about the jb spot ?? where is it ?

did you notice the hole toward the rear of the starboard side ? its back toward the transom and looks to be about an inch or less ... looks drilled not a damage area. any idea what the hole is or was used for ? scott

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

My guess is that was the outlet for a bilge pump. I wish mine had a hole there actually. I wasn't concerned about the patch because you could see that it was patching a rivet.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

you think thats a good place for a bilge hose to exit ?? i wonder if someone makes a fitting that the hose would connect to on the interior then have an aluminum spout outside the boat. just something better looking than a hose sticking out the side of the hull lol i guess it should be fine .. its above the waterline.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

very cool i still havent checked out the iboats store. i think ill do that now. if anything else jogs your brain about that boat let me know. oh .. i did notce all the snaps down on the side of the hull for a cover. maybe im wrong but they seem to be in the wrong place to me. i guess i could remove them and have all the hole welded shut. :confused:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Cool..

Lots of these boats had full enclosures..they need snaps down the sides, across the stern..

If ya get this boat leave em in..They may have the full enclosure

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

or I didn't tell you the full name of that mechanics shop.....Fisher's Marine AND CUSTOM CANVAS :) :)

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

oh ok ... the full enclosure is just used for when its docked or in storage right ?? the only top i was figuring on using is a bimini ( ill add that )

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

This is what Kev is talking about
1065D0625.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

haha it's true.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

Fisher's Marine AND CUSTOM CANVAS gotcha lol come on 5:30

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Here is a pic od Appollasa's (man I spelled that badly..sorry apps!)

Attachments

• apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1