Astroglass 1989 full rebuild

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so this boat has about a days work i got to install the rubrail insert, wire stereo, wire a couple courtsey lights and fix a couple hinges on rear hatch and i should be able to launch :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
its almost ready for splash i got about a hours worth of work on wiring stereo up and a couple small items and its splashable, wish it wasnt so damn cold!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
in my head i keep hearing kev say it isnt finished and ready for splash till its finished so yeah the radio has to be wired before splash :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
course if it aint rain its a cold front i cant find my winter cloths that fit to get out there early and get it done of course my winter coverings consist of a jacket and shorts but still i need that jacket!
:) its under 60!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Sux about the VHF. regarding wiring the stereo, your daughter is less famine proof and there is photo evidence she can install a stereo.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
it would have made it so much easier lol , thats done i got about a hour left on boat to do and about couple hours on trailer, but its raining, sigh!
i need to install cleats on boat , install drivers seat, tuck all the wires in under dash,strap down batteries! and its launchable

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
vhf radio really ticks me off since i custom cut dash for it , hoping the horizon is about same size and can just install but you know it wont be that easy lol

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
vhf radio really ticks me off since i custom cut dash for it , hoping the horizon is about same size and can just install but you know it wont be that easy lol
you come get my old uniden 380, maybe make one from two?