Arkansas Traveler Boat Does Not Have Capacity Rating Plate........

Status
Not open for further replies.

fq2691

Recruit
Re: Arkansas Traveler Boat Does Not Have Capacity Rating Plate........

Hello All, I've got a 1957 Arkansas Traveler 16ft aluminum boat. It's v-hulled in the front and tapers to a semi-flat bottom at the back. The internal wood transom width is about 52 inches. The boat is mostly original, flaking paint, rotted transom wood, deteriating plastic emblems, etc . My question is how to find out the maximum load/capacity and horsepower rating for this boat? There is no specifications plate on it, and there are no obvious holes for where an id plate might have been. I wonder if they did not put those plates on these boats back then? It has space for what looks like three rows of seating. If there are other antique/old Arkansas Boat owners here, I'd love to hear from ya. I still haven't figured out what model I have and what it looked like new. :D

i have almost the same thing but my boat is fiborglass with a rotted transom i am rebilding the boat now the motor cap is a 40 hp 4 passanger and a max load of 400 lbs with motor

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

How about you guys all posting pictures of your boats? I'm trying to find the manufacture of a boat I just purchased and think it might be a traveler or a feathercraft. Both have features similar to mine but I think mine is from the 40's. I have pictures posted on a thread I started.

Jeff combs

Recruit

Hello All, I've got a 1957 Arkansas Traveler 16ft aluminum boat. It's v-hulled in the front and tapers to a semi-flat bottom at the back. The internal wood transom width is about 52 inches. The boat is mostly original, flaking paint, rotted transom wood, deteriating plastic emblems, etc . My question is how to find out the maximum load/capacity and horsepower rating for this boat? There is no specifications plate on it, and there are no obvious holes for where an id plate might have been. I wonder if they did not put those plates on these boats back then? It has space for what looks like three rows of seating. If there are other antique/old Arkansas Boat owners here, I'd love to hear from ya. I still haven't figured out what model I have and what it looked like new. :D

I am have a boat I purchased from someone and I am not sure where the vin number would be. It is a 14 ft Traveler.

kfa4303

Banned

HI Jeff. Welcome to iboats. HIN numbers weren't required by law until the mid '70s. My '59 Arkansas Traveler didn't have one either. Start a new thread for your boat, so we can keep all your posts in one spot. I'd love to see pics of another AT.

Phantom Ghost

Recruit
I just came across a 58 14' Arkansas traveler with both tags to the left off the motor it says. This boat is built to accommodate a maximum weight of 860 pounds and a outboard motor of not more than 35 hp. This is a old thread but I figured others would maybe find it this boat has been sheltered for 30 years atleast and still has the original seats it has been painted once in its lifetime everything else is original.

Status
Not open for further replies.