Are you blind or do you see

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Are you blind or do you see

Personally,..........

I'll Help Anybody,.......................

Who'll Help Themselves.................

crunch

Commander

RF, as I was reading the responses, I was thinking the exact same thing. How many of the above have stated in the past, it is not their responsibility to help those that have had some bad luck or fallen on hard times.

Chronic bad times and chronic hard times = chronically lazy or mentally ill. The disabled and mentally ill are a horse of another color from the lazy.

Unfortunately, the sentiments provided by your post will soon be forgotten the first time they are asked to help those they believe unworthy of help.

CJY, I'm really tired of working for a living... all that getting up early, working my azz off till the late hrs. and doing it again the next day.... how about you and every one else on this board just slip me a Grand each and I can retire, instead of being retired (I was tired yesterday, and I'm tired again today)... or am I unworthy?

crunch

Commander

BTW CJ. Are you so obsessive that you don't even see the beauty of the original post? Just another chance for a rant?

I'm a bit ashamed I responded to you... me bad. :$

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Who said lazy? I SAID "HARD TIMES OR BAD LUCK". If you have never faced either of these two, then the judgements you make from high atop your throne are meaningless.

By throwing in your catch word "chronic," you have interpreted it to mean never going back to work and not caring to. Says a great deal regarding your mentality toward those I have described. That was my point, by the way.

It's not a rant, I have heard it time and time again by many on this board. If it does not apply to you, then yes you should be ashamed you replied. Then again, it has never stopped you from yapping in the past.

Please define rant for me custom. Is that something one says that another does not agree with?

By the way, cursing always adds a bit of respectability to any discussion. Oh yes, so does stereotyping.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

CJY said:
...By the way, cursing always adds a bit of respectability to any discussion....

I agree. It really classes up the joint. Makes it a real family forum. I especially like it when they throw in the "y" to disguise a word.

ebbtide176

Commander

leave it to some to take an optimistic story and turn it into something negative.... par for the course for some here.

nice story spinner :)

it always nice to read a story with a positive moral point.

RubberFrog said:
CJY said:
...By the way, cursing always adds a bit of respectability to any discussion....

I agree. It really classes up the joint. Makes it a real family forum. I especially like it when they throw in the "y" to disguise a word.
Or try to be positive in a negative way. :rolleyes:
ebbtide176 said:
leave it to some to take an optimistic story and turn it into something negative.... par for the course for some here.

nice story spinner :)

it always nice to read a story with a positive moral point.
Listen to the sinner condemn the sinner. :rolleyes: Come on name caller, name names. :eek::$:%:^:love:o:)+o(

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"leave it to some to take an optimistic story and turn it into something negative.... par for the course for some here. "

Agreed, happy to see you took the high road.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

RubberFrog said:
In America, we just make glue out of the old horse. After all, it's not the other horses responsibility to care for the sick and elderly.

This is potentially a very dumb analogy RF. If this alludes to the Liberal vs Conservative way of dealing with the down and out, you missed the mark by a wide degree.

Notice, how in this story, one horse walked the walk instead of trying to get the herd to do all the work. You should take a lesson from this. If you see the need, take care of it. Do not waste your efforts telling everyone else how they should be doing it.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"You should take a lesson from this. If you see the need, take care of it. Do not waste your efforts telling everyone else how they should be doing it."

d:)d:)d:)That's right RF, only Boom can tell others how they should be "doing it."

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Boomyal said:
... You should take a lesson from this....

Here's a lesson for you- don't think for one second that you have me figured out. You don't have to be a liberal to care for others. And I don't mean "care for others" as in cheap talk.

RubberFrog said:
Boomyal said:
... You should take a lesson from this....

Here's a lesson for you- don't think for one second that you have me figured out. You don't have to be a liberal to care for others. And I don't mean "care for others" as in cheap talk.

Figured out? That sounds like a challenge. Let "me" contemplate that and "i'll" get back to you. ;)