Aq130c carb help

Joe16

Recruit
Any one on here know about solex 44 carbs I'm have some problems with mine over flowing

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Aq130c carb help

Welcome.
Sounds like the float might sticking.
Try cleaning it.
Inspect the needle/seat for grooves or wear.

Joe16

Recruit

Welcome.
Sounds like the float might sticking.
Try cleaning it.
Inspect the needle/seat for grooves or wear.

I was reading online that the solexs have a over flow tube and I just looked at mine and there is a spot on the carb for a tube but I have no idea where I would run it to. I also tryed to find it online with no luck if any one has pics of there 44 pai that would be sweet and thanks for all the help

Sparkinator

Chief Petty Officer

Your overflow tube from your carb connects back to your fuel pump. That way, any overflow our rupture, won't fill your bilge with gas and cause an explosion. Thats why you should only use marine carbs and fuel pumps.

Joe16

Recruit

Your overflow tube from your carb connects back to your fuel pump. That way, any overflow our rupture, won't fill your bilge with gas and cause an explosion. Thats why you should only use marine carbs and fuel pumps.
Is it just a tee in the fuel line

Sparkinator

Chief Petty Officer

No, it should have two connections on your fuel pump.

msftHSjO9-GgzBcyoNpYFEg.jpg

Your fuel pump should have 2 connections like this one and a connector on top to allow your return line to tie back into the pump.

My carb has a clear plastic return line (red tinted) that is hooked back into my mechanical fuel pump.

mYMtz9A5F7QnzLzSmj3DC3g.jpg

This one actually shows the connection a little more clearly.

Last edited:

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

No, it should have two connections on your fuel pump.

View attachment 230467

Your fuel pump should have 2 connections like this one and a connector on top to allow your return line to tie back into the pump.

My carb has a clear plastic return line (red tinted) that is hooked back into my mechanical fuel pump.

View attachment 230468

This one actually shows the connection a little more clearly.
That's the first time that I've seen a fuel pump for an AQ130 with a diaphragm rupture line connection. Wondering where you got that fuel pump and if it's actually for the AQ130C. In any case, the carbs for the AQ 130 don't have fittings for the tube, although some of the newer ones for OHC engines do. A picture would help.

A diagram of the carb is attached.
View attachment CARBURETOR 834527.pdf

Last edited:

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Here's a link to the carb and fuel pump schematics: Fuel System - 7736850 - Volvo Penta

Notice that there is no vent line shown for the system. Based on the picture that sparkinator has shown, wondering if there is an aftermarket pump available. There's also the possibility that you have a carb from a newer engine. If that's the case, just plug the port so that it doesn't create a vacuum leak.

Edit - after doing a little research, it appears that the fuel pump shown by sparkinator is for a V8 engine. The early Volvo Penta 4 cylinder engines didn't have the feature. Unfortunately, a diaphragm leak will cause fuel to drip out of a drain hole and into the bilge.

Last edited:

Sparkinator

Chief Petty Officer

Well, if he indeed doesn't have an overflow, or isn't set up to have an overflow tube, then that would change everything. :confused:

I don't know if he has one or not, but IF he does, it's designed to be hooked up to his fuel pump. I assumed if he had an overflow tube on his carb, then his fuel system was designed to use it. If not, then that's my mistake.

No, the pic of the fuel pump, wasn't AQ 130 specific, it was just a pic of a marine carb that showed the OP where an overflow tube would hook back up to.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, I agree with you in that it should have the vent from the fuel pump to the carb. It's just that the AQ130 didn't have that, although the later OHC engines did. Sounds like he has a newer carb. That's one of the things about these older boats and engines. After many owners, who knows what was changed or why. It's frustrating, but necessary to suspect everything on every system until it can be verified.

Some say that there is great satisfaction in knowing every nut, screw, wire, and hose on your boat. Some others - not so much! :lol:

I may have sounded harsh in criticizing you. I realize you were trying to help and went out of your way to find and post a picture to illustrate what you were saying. If you were offended, please accept my apology,

Last edited:

Joe16

Recruit

Well my pump only has 2 ports on it so I think at some point some one replaced the top of the carb I just rebilt the carbs and no fuel is coming out of the over flow. The carbs where really bad a lot of rust and sand looking stuff but now the boat seems to run good thanks agen for your guys help