Approxamate selling price?

mattsanders

Seaman
I am taking a 1971 50 hp Evinrude off my boat tomorrow. Its a good running motor with a control box and a everything. What should I ask for it and where should I list it?

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Approxamate selling price?

Depends on the condition. I'm thinking top price well maintained or rebuilt. $1000-$1500. On Cragis list in my area.

jbjennings

Captain

Matt,
If you left it ON the boat and offered in your ad to let someone take a test drive with you on the lake, it WOULD sell fast for $500 and probably a little more. It will probably be a fairly fast sell anyway for that price if it runs good on muffs. Where are you located?
Welcome to iboats, BTW!:)
JBJ

mattsanders

Seaman

I live about 10 minutes out of Ft Worth Texas. I wanted to leave it on, but I need to get this 70 HP put on and adjusted out before spring run starts. You think Craigslist is the best place? I know parts for thes motors are hard to come by, Mabe parting it out would help it sell. I dont want to get rich off of it, just dont want it sitting. Its got new lower oil ( yes type C) and new impellar. If it sits, It wont be a good running motor after time.

jbjennings

Captain

I forgot about the electric shift. Yes, I'd put it for $500 on craigslist and take less.
JMO,
JBJ

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

hydro-electric shift, if you want to sell it. put $300 on it.