Anyone Seen these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspeck

Staff member
1656015781032.png

For 150hp motors and up. Increase slow speed maneuverability, 50% more reverse power, reduces planing speed by 500-1000rpms, 30% more efficient at mid-range rpms ... all for only $4999! Sharrow Marine ... interesting, but I am WAY too CHEAP, er, um, I mean frugal!

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
That sure is pretty...but at $4,999.00...I too am way too frugal...haha...for something like that.

robert graham

Admiral
I have not seen one yet, but it is an interesting design….it may prove to be of some value in the future…just have to wait and see!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Yeah that Sham Item has been going around for a couple of Years. There is a Site that keeps spreading a lot of Manure about that Pretzel

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Compared to some jewelry, wristwatches , paintings and other fine art , this shiny lump of metal sculpture is a bargain.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I don't know if it any good or not. However I fed up of one Test Site which has been trying to promote that thing, like an Infomercial. Only things missing are Mike Levey and his sidekicks Ian and John. That site has never reviewed an item that is supplied by their Advertisers as being less than 'Better than Excellent'. They also do comparison testing, that amounts to comparing Apples to Kumquats. They make claims that the prop goes 20% faster a given RPM than others, except forgetting to mention they weren't comparing the same Pitch. Shysters they are

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I am wondering where the other prop o phobe is? Maybe he will drop some hate math on it?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I am wondering where the other prop o phobe is? Maybe he will drop some hate math on it?
Hi ! 😂. Just for the record…I think they look great and I’m all for prop development and new technologies. My only wish, is for it to be tested and compared to another top 3 blade prop that’s of the correct pitch for the engine and boat. As of yet…we are far from such a thing. All tests so far have been just silly, at best. If that manages to see more top end (or close to what is claimed) than a top merc prop like and enertia (not the eco) or even a tempest plus, that’s pitched for the set up and in the rpm range (one of the previous tests had one under pitched and on the limiter for the 150 merc…just ridiculous)…I’ll be the first to commend it. Might even sell one of the cars to buy one 😂

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
In this day of $5000 helm seats with heating and cooling, $3000 T-top mounted air conditioning for the driver, $500 cooled drink holders, $2500 on-board ice machines on the $300k 28 foot fishing boat.

What is $5k for a prop

Scott06

Vice Admiral
In this day of $5000 helm seats with heating and cooling, $3000 T-top mounted air conditioning for the driver, $500 cooled drink holders, $2500 on-board ice machines on the $300k 28 foot fishing boat.

What is $5k for a prop
I might go for the cooled drink holders and ice machine...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Shows a lot of People, those in the Higher Income groups can afford to pay more, a lot more, Income Tax,

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
Don't know about how it performs, but that prop would certainly add some nice bling to the stern of my rig! It would complement my polished stainless anchor on the bow!😂

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
This has been discussed ad nauseium on other forums. The general consensus is its not cost effective. Regardless, actual production and sales have either not started yet, or are just starting.

Only real customer data will tell the story.

(personally, for 4 grand I would want my fuel consumption to be about 40 mpg)

If you have a custom whatever that cost you $1,500,000, stay tuned. If your ride is a 1989 Bayliner with a 3.0 liter I/O, move along.....LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.