Anyone make it in here????

oddjob

Commander
Re: Anyone make it in here????

icon_confused.gif

Ron G

Commander

I post here while ago and i cant see it,what have i done?

Ron G

Commander

Ron said:
I finally got back on,took me forever this morning.had to disable something.
i think im doing this right,just playing around:^

aspeck

Staff member

Just curious the size of the reply font - I can read it! Great! Not nearly as slow as it was last week! About the same as before the changeover, so if they are still working, it should get better. That is good news. The PM (personal message) is a cool feature, but go to your user area and make sure you have it set so iboats will email you if someone sends you a PM or check often.

Definitely some neat toys, lost some good aspects of the forum, but in time I am sure we will grow to love this new one every bit as much as the old! Change is always hard for us creatures of habit to deal with.

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's working at the moment! I tried starting a new thread in another section and it told me that the thread didn't exist when i tried to post it. I backed up and reposted and it went through. Little quirks to iron out but progress is being made.

CD

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

sloopy said:
I will check back on Friday, I am too embarrassed to have derwoodjr as my name and I miss being dockboy. I will return to the forums once the speed + functionality and hopefully my names return. I will however continue to shop and use iboats other services :D

**one important thing that is missing:
*Date joined, how are we suppose to distinguish from people with high seniority? I was using the date joined to gauge my trust in people on this forum rather then the post count.

You can use the drop down menu, below the "post reply" button, under a username, and view their profile. Has the join date there.

Not the same, a little more work, but it's there.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Just checking to see if I'm back yet. :%

Hey,,,,Thats cool I can actually read what I tye as I type it.d:)

QC

Supreme Mariner

RP, I mean RC,

It took awhile, but my name finally changed to QC I just confirmed that the "Change Name" function from the Users Area is what got it done. My old name, Quietcat22, is now gone and I have to actually log in as QC. The changeover happened while I wasn't watching as I had logged in under the old name and then it showed "Logged in as: QC" all of a sudden.
When I logged out to check, I must login as QC now. Password stayed the same . . .

This should mess Techno up a little d:)

imported_rusty

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SBN said:
[quote user=rusty uid=78408 fid=20 tid= rid=23]
HOW CAN I REPLY WITH OUT QUOTING//// help....
rusty, do not hit the reply button under the person's name, that should read "Quote"
Go all the way down to the little reply window and type your reply in there.
If you want to come back to this thread, just hit add reply.
If you want to go back to DC, click on return to forum in the box below that.
Hit preview to see what it will look like once posted.
After that, click continue.
[/quote]
i hit post reply on the left then the window pops up with the last post in there already so its automatic QUOTING I plus i dont even see the other persons name.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

ah, it's started working................WOAH WTH !!!!!!!!!!

Who the bejaysus is brother52?????????????????

It's me! It's Stan Deezy :'(

Tried getting on the last few days but the cursor wasn't coming up in the reply box and I couldn't type anything..............was I missing something obvious?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

brother52 said:
ah, it's started working................WOAH WTH !!!!!!!!!!

Who the bejaysus is brother52?????????????????

It's me! It's Stan Deezy :'(

Tried getting on the last few days but the cursor wasn't coming up in the reply box and I couldn't type anything..............was I missing something obvious?

Yea Stan, they had the dreaded WYSIWYG enabled and it was giving a lot of people fits so they dis-abled it yesterday.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Cheers for that spinner. I thought I'd gorn plum crazeee 8)

I've requested a username change so hopefully that will be along shortly and then normal service can be resumed. I certainly hope so cos I need some advice PDQ from the lads and lassies on the forum.

Hope all is well with all the regulars in here and they get back to the boards in one piece

scrapper

Ensign

[whisper uid=55163]

Enter private whisper here

[/whisper] As your sig states " Like a bat outta hell ,I'll be gone when the morning comes

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Whoooohooo! The real stan deezy is back: but has anyone seen RPJS or Nos4r2 recently?

Us Limey's need to stick together 8)