Anyone ever used Re-Structure Professional Marine Polish?

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class
I saw a short video about this on Boating Life's website. It sounds like a good product, but I can't find much info on it. Heres the website http://www.re-structuremarine.com/ It says you can go up to 3 years between applications and it uses "nanotechnology". What do yal think?

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone ever used Re-Structure Professional Marine Polish?

The claims seem a bit far fetched, but 5 years ago if you told me there was a car wax that you sprayed on while the car was wet and just dried with a towel...I'd say you were nuts. Yet here we are today with just such a thing that works amazingly well.

Ian

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks fishy.

Guess no one else has heard of this stuff?....

kaferhaus

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use an automotive "finish restorer"... name has 2000 in it... escapes me at the moment, but it's good stuff and can be found at any autoparts store. It lasts at least 2 years and is easy to apply with a small buffer.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

There is another protectant that some iboaters have used called Sharkhide..... regardless of what you use ..... who wants to neglect the hull for "years" !!!

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's true Bob, but if it's good for up to 5 years and you apply it once or twice a year it should protect the hull right well. That was my thinking anyway, but I ain't spending 30+ dollars on something that isn't already well proven with the public...

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yeah it's a tough call, there is a lot of snake oil out there with amazing claims. Yet there is also some really amazing products that do exactly as claimed. It looks like a legit product to me, with no flashy banners or outrageous advertising....like 'look, it protects the finish even when the boat is on fire!". Might be worth a try.

Ian

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Eagle One has apparently jumped onto the Nano bandwagon...!

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/core_nanowax.asp

Nanotechnology is heading towards building 'machines', the size of an atom. Maybe this wax you are looking at, is really bizillions of tiny little buffing machines...that spend their whole life, keeping yor hull pretty!

Attachments

• NanoWax.jpg
    NanoWax.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0

jpeoples

Recruit

I know this is late but send me your shipping address and I will ship you a sample so that you can test it and form your own opinion.:)

Rowroy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PM sent.

CATransplant

Admiral

In my experience, the word "Professional" means that the price is about 20% higher than the equivalent product without that word. Add another 15% for the word "nanotechnology."

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Eagle One has apparently jumped onto the Nano bandwagon...!

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/core_nanowax.asp

Nanotechnology is heading towards building 'machines', the size of an atom. Maybe this wax you are looking at, is really bizillions of tiny little buffing machines...that spend their whole life, keeping yor hull pretty!

used it and not impressed