Anyone else working Christmas?

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yepper, some of us have to keep things chugging along! At work here and not by choice. Its all good, will do the santa thing when I get off. I would also like to extend my very best wishes to IBoats and all its members, and a happy new year.I do not post much, but logon every day to read posts. Coolest site, and very addictive!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Anyone else working Christmas?

88spl---I feel for you.I'm not working this one but have had many occasion to work Christmas and New Year's.My best to you and yours.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Yes, I am getting ready to go in. This is the first year we exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve instead of waking everyone up early. Oh well, Maybe I will be off one year.

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks and the same to you and yours also. Normally Im in bed by 2am our time but didnt get home from MILs until 12:30 am. Well ok left her place at 11:30 after finishing the smoked turkey for tomorrow but had to stop by the local dinner and give some of it to the waitress and cook who knew we would be driving by :) <br />Finished everything a hour ago but was still wound up so I just heated some milk and figured<br />I would do a little reading here then hit the sack. Hope its a quiet night for you. <br />Enjoy the santa thing as they grow up fast!<br /><br />Link

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yep, just went out and scraped the ice off the sled.<br />Got another 50 or so kids to see this morning and then it's off to to the farm for the family get together.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

To all you folks that have to work today, I hope your day is a good one and things go smooth. I've worked my share of Xmas' and know it ain't fun. <br /><br />God bless the workin' man!!<br /><br />Merry Christmas guys!!!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I have missed my fair share also. My wife had to work last night but was able to get off at 3 am. Just in time to help set up Santa. Hope everything goes good for ya'll and enjoy the time that you will be together.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well just finished up the Christmas thing and am pretty tired.<br />Took care of 102 young boys and girls over the last 2 days plus all the family thing and it was sure a satisfing 2 days for me.<br />Nothing like seeing the smiling faces of them sick children when they see "Santa" show up with something for them. <br /><br />Makes me kinda swell up inside knowing that I brought a little happiness to a somewhat not so happy face. :) <br /><br />Think I will take a nap now. :D

Drowned Rat

Captain

Merry Christmas everyone! My family here did Christmas yesterday, I'm at work 24 hours today. I hope it's a quiet one. Everyone stay safe please!

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

not really having to work but I'm on call. Refrigeration no HVAC.