Anyone else suffering?

chris.j.marshall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone else suffering?

Southern Oklahoma isn't too far behind you. Haven't seen anything that severe. Hope this comes to an end soon and there's water for you to get back out on.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

One post had a good idea to help turn such a negative into something positive - clean the bottoms up while you have the chance. We did the same at Lake Mead when it was at it's lowest point of about 140' below full pool. Hope you get some good moisture soon.

yetiman

Seaman

30% chance of rain predicted for this weekend though

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Thats horrible to look at and stark contrast to the images of the east coast and Irene. We got 1" maybe, 70 mi. east they got 15" or more and flooding. I hope you'all get some relief soon. I hate to say it but some tropical moisture might help there more than here about now. If you fish, its a great time to go GPS unseen/unknown fishing structure you can find later when the water and fish come back, or look for snagged lures on exposed snags at popular fishing lakes.

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It looks like help is on the way. This is a BIG low pressure system over very hot water. They are predicting a 70% of CAT1. Moving kinda your way. May hit land east of you.

salty87

Commander

august was brutal in Austin. was the hottest and the driest month on record.

avg high temp- 105
overall avg - 91
all but 2 days over 100
rainfall- only trace amounts

77 days over 100 degree this year with the highest last weekend...112.

come on gulf of mexico tropical depression!!

99 and below has never felt so good before.

beason

Petty Officer 1st Class

Im right there with you buddy. Just south of houston. The lake here is tidal so it doesnt get low, but i cant go to lake houston or conroe. We went to summerville for memorial weekend and it was already 6ft low then!

foodfisher

Captain

Opportunity for metaldetectorists. Lots of lost stuff (rings, chains, pendants, coins, keys, lures,....) just waiting to be discovered.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I'm fond of arrowheads and other ancient artifacts along w the tackle that sometimes is in like new condition. Ive seen alot of rodnreels but they're rarely re-useable

GMC2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll be out on Lake Austin tomorrow afternoon.... constant level... but It'll be damn hot. I'll be praying for the rain.

Knightrider2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We have been pretty fortunate at Lake Livingston until this past week. I notice the water level was going down a little at the ramp, but this last weekend I could not make to the dock of my favorite Marina for lunch. Got stuck and had to push off with oars. We are down 4ft and really need it to rain North because the lake is fed by the Trinity River.

I will still be there this weekend though as long as I can still launch. I hate to say it but I hoping we get the rain from the storm in the Gulf right now.

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

We've finally got a decent forecast! 80s and isolated showers this Sun/Mon! All of the dryland cotton has failed and the irrigated land looks pitiful. I flew in a small plane about 100 miles roundtrip today and it was just a sea of dead red dirt.

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer

THE DEPRESSION HAS NOT MOVED MUCH DURING THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...
WITH THE INITIAL MOTION A HIGHLY UNCERTAIN 315/2. THE CYCLONE IS
CURRENTLY IN AN AREA OF LIGHT STEERING CURRENTS SOUTH OF A
MID-LEVEL RIDGE OVER THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY. THE DYNAMICAL MODELS
FORECAST THIS RIDGE TO MOVE EASTWARD AND WEAKEN AS A DEEP-LAYER
TROUGH MOVES SOUTHEASTWARD INTO THE OHIO VALLEY. THIS EVOLUTION
SHOULD ALLOW THE DEPRESSION TO MOVE SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD TO
NORTHWARD FOR THE NEXT 24-36 HR...FOLLOWED BY A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD
THE NORTHEAST. MOST OF THE DYNAMICAL MODELS NOW SHOW THIS
SCENARIO...ALTHOUGH THERE REMAINS ENOUGH DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN THEM
TO KEEP THIS A LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST. THE NEW FORECAST TRACK IS
ADJUSTED SOUTH AND EAST OF THE PREVIOUS FORECAST BASED MAINLY ON
THE INITIAL POSITION...AND LIES CLOSE TO THE VARIOUS CONSENSUS
MODELS FOR THE FIRST THREE DAYS OF THE FORECAST. IT SHOULD BE
NOTED THAT REFORMATIONS OF THE CENTER COULD CAUSE ERRATIC MOTION
AND ADJUSTMENTS TO THE FORECAST TRACK DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF
DAYS.

Maybe, they have to point it somewhere for now for the forecast. But in the discussion they really are not sure. Hopefully it turns east for you guys.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Forecast for The Hideout today is 101*F. That will be 85 days in a row over 100*. During that time I have had 1/2" of rain.

I am beginning to question my long-held opinion that I would rather spend a Summer in Texas than a Winter in Minnesota. :(

JWFails

Seaman

Is it wrong to pray for a hurricane? I would take any rain at this point. I just ruined a new prop on a sand bar and now I have a leak on the prop shaft. I need to replace the o-ring. So far no water in lower unit.

GMC2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm assuming you were on Travis... I haven't dared to go to Travis this year... What is it now, 47 feet below normal?

salty87

Commander

thank goodness for lake austin!

3.8' more and we can say goodbye to the mansfield dam ramp. that's the last public ramp that will reach (for any of the out of towners reading).

204 Escape

Ensign

Triple digit temps here off and on for the past month. Dry as a popcorn fart. Ground cracking. 30% chance of rain on Sunday. A/C bill H I G H !!!!