Anybody live near South Atlanta thats good with OMC??

lillbush

Seaman
I am just wondering if there is anyone in the Atlanta Area that knows there way around a OMC? I have about 90% of my 4.3ltr motor put back together and I am running into some road blocks. I live near Peachtree city and was hoping someone else that knows there stuff lives close and would be willing to help me figure this stuff out. If you are interested let me know please any sort of help to get me going would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Matt

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Anybody live near South Atlanta thats good with OMC??

I am just wondering if there is anyone in the Atlanta Area that knows there way around a OMC? I have about 90% of my 4.3ltr motor put back together and I am running into some road blocks. I live near Peachtree city and was hoping someone else that knows there stuff lives close and would be willing to help me figure this stuff out. If you are interested let me know please any sort of help to get me going would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Matt

Ayuh,... Sure,... Explain yer problems, 'n We'll explain which way to go...

lillbush

Seaman

Ayuh,... Sure,... Explain yer problems, 'n We'll explain which way to go...

Most of what I am having problems with are elec. It is like sometimes I have plenty of power and everything works. 5 Minutes later I have NOTHING anywhere. All grounds are tight and connected Brand new battery cables (Both Pos. and Neg.) Brand new marine battery. I have traced every wire and all seems to be tight and attached. When I got this boat the motor was in 100's of pieces all over the place. I got everything back together and installed but now I am having these issues. Also does anyone know the fuse amps for the 6 fuses on the dash? All of those fuses were missing...ING, Bilge, Blower, Horn etc. The boat is a 1990 Sunbird Corsair 185. What does everyone/Anyone think? Any tips tricks and/or hints?

Thanks
Matt

lillbush

Seaman

Gauges 2.jpgGauges 1.jpg

Here are pictures of the dash and fuse locations I was asking about...Anyone know what amp fuses to put where?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You need to check all the wiring harness connections, fuse holders, and plug in connections. Any that are loose or corroded need to be fixed.
Your problem is a bad connection, may even be inside a circuit breaker. Could even be a terminal with bad wiring at the connector itself.

As far as your fuse panel fuses, that's not a part of this forum. This is for engine and drive systems (which includes the wiring) but the accessories like bilge pump, lights, blower etc. are not part of the engine harness. Basically, the fuses are there to protect the wiring, not the unit that it goes to. You can put a smaller fuse in to protect the end unit but it can not exceed the wiring size.
For example. You may have 16ga. wire going to a bilge pump, and the bilge pump draws 1 amp when running. It's ok to put a 2 amp fuse in the fuse holder, but if you were to get a bigger bilge pump that draws 15 amps, you can not exceed the 10 A fuse needed to protect the 16 ga. wire.
Check the stickies in the Electrical forum for more info on boat wiring.