Anybody have a SD 187 with a plotter/gps? show me your pics please.

ttommytuna

Cadet
Hi there - i just ordered a new 187 OB. I'm thinking of getting it rigged with a LowRance HDS 5 plotter/fish finder but am struggling with how it could be mounted (doesn't seem to be a good spot from the pics in the brochure of the console). If you havea Lowrance or similar 5" + unit, please post your pics. Want to see how it would look.

Many thanks!

Re: Anybody have a SD 187 with a plotter/gps? show me your pics please.

Hi there - i just ordered a new 187 OB. I'm thinking of getting it rigged with a LowRance HDS 5 plotter/fish finder but am struggling with how it could be mounted (doesn't seem to be a good spot from the pics in the brochure of the console). If you havea Lowrance or similar 5" + unit, please post your pics. Want to see how it would look.

Many thanks!

Man, dont get the lowrance unit. The humminbird 597ci HD DI is a much better unit for less money, and you dont have to pay 600 more for the Structure Scan add on like you do with the lowrance unit. Its also a little smaller total footprint. Im currently waiting on my SS-188 to be delivered, so I too am wondering where im going to mount it. Theres not any really good spot that I can see, but im sure I will figure it out once I get the boat in my hands. Also the Humminbird mount takes up less real-estate.

Here is a link to the humminbird model.

t322_c338be1bdc9afbdc249220796a9b96d4.jpg

http://store.humminbird.com/products/410761/597ci_HD_DI_Combo

ttommytuna

Cadet

I need the lowrance b/c of the NMEA 2000 network capabilities (in order to hookup to my ETEC engine).

I'm thinking of using the RAM Clamp mount on the windshield support rail on the left side.

http://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-apple-ipad-ipad-2-clamp-mount-rap-b-121-ap8u.html

Not sure there is room anywhere else for these 5" units. My boat isn't in yet so I can't really tell for sure how this will fit. Been studying pictures of the 187 helm but hard to get the scale.

Hopefully a hurricane owner out there has a large plotter and they can post some pics for us.