Any other pilots in here?

JC1933

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any other pilots in here?

Hi guys.<br /> I used to fly I have logged 1000 hours, I have not flown in the past 10 years getting to expensive.<br /> I have owned 4 small planes,started with an Aronca chief second was a Cessna 170 third was a Cessna 150 fourth was a Piper Cherokee 180.<br /> I have also flown Cessna 172, C 180, C 182,C 210.<br />I loved flying... :) :D ;)

sloopy

Commander

Yes Private with instrument, working on my commercial, Currently studying aerospace engineering at ERAU. This summer I am working for an aircraft mechanic to learn just a little bit more ;) , would like to get my A&P before I graduate. I learned to fly in a j-3 cub and have over 70 hours in that airplane, got my instrument in a 172, about 300 hours right now.

ztim

Chief Petty Officer

I used to work on my instructor's airplanes in trade for flying lessons. He even let my log a Queen Air we delivered. I was allowed to fly the company's planes during my lunch hour. A nice quiet flight over the Santee lake system. All I had to do was to top off the tank and help with the 100 hours and annuals. Those were the days.<br /><br />Too bad I had to get a better paying job. New daddy and all. The mechanics were not making the bucks.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Last time up was upside down in a Champion Decathlon......something none of my boats won't do (so far!)

waterinthefuel

Commander

I just talked to an instructor here at the airport. While they shut down the "official" rental planes, they are still very much renting something. The instructor has himself a Cherokee 140 for 89 an hour and will be bringing a 172 for 100 an hour. It's expensive but at least I'll take to the sky again after several years!!

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ask him for a deal on block time.