Another Q:? What if your H2O intake is under the A/C plate

I would love to be able to do true diagnositics with muffs. However my motor, a 1964 Rude Lark VI, has the water intake under the anti-cavitation plate and not on the side like many motors that can use muffs. What is a practical alternative for out-of-water diagnostics. Right now I put the lower unit in a big platisc storage box and it seems to "pee" as it should, but just hooking up a hose would be somehwat more efficient...any ideas.

Thx

Sam

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Another Q:? What if your H2O intake is under the A/C plate

Tempo used to make one that would clip on over the intake. Keep your eye on e-bay. They still show up once in awhile.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Another Q:? What if your H2O intake is under the A/C plate

Buy the muffs, use a hacksaw or other suitable tool to cut off the one with the hose fitting, punch a couple holes on opposite sides for a bungie cord to hold it against the intake, doesn't have to be too tight, just enough to stay on. I never tried it myself, but it's a pretty good mimic of how those attachments worked. Grommets might make those holes a bit more durable. I'd use the same bungie to route the hose away from the prop, just in case.